For serious eggnog lovers only, this No-Bake Eggnog Cream Pie is fantastic! Creamy, smooth and loaded with eggnog flavor and spices piled high in a graham cracker crust. A must-make for the holidays!
Did everyone have a great Thanksgiving?!
We certainly did, but I am glad it’s over. Thanksgiving admittedly isn’t my favorite holiday, and while it’s nice to be with family, fielding some of their… inquisitions can be tiring 🙂 But of course, you can always avoid conversation by stuffing your face senseless with food. So there’s that.
Now we can move onto my favorite holiday: Christmas! There’s something so magical about Christmas that I just love. The music, the chilly air, the shopping (duh)… but also the flavors of Christmas. Eggnog, peppermint, gingerbread, hot cocoa… the list goes on.
And this pie is basically Christmas personified into a smooth & creamy pile of heavenly goodness.
AND! it couldn’t be easier to make. Seriously.
It starts with a package of instant French Vanilla pudding mix. If you can’t find French vanilla, then you can’t make it. KIDDING. Just use regular instant vanilla, but I like that French vanilla feels fancier. It’s like when you order a croissant, but instead of saying ‘croissant’, you say ‘cwesson’ like you’re French. Same thing pretty much.
In a bowl, you’ll whisk up your French vanilla pudding mix with eggnog in place of the milk. It’s really that easy, y’all. Whisk until it’s thick, then fold in some spices and Cool Whip, or fresh whipped cream (or creme, if you’re still fancy French) and pour that mishegas into a graham cracker crust.
The most complicated part of this whole recipe is making sure it has plenty of time to set in the fridge. I’m talking at least four hours. I know, I know. But you can do it. I have faith.
Then serve it up with some more nog, as you do during the holidays.
NOTE: This recipe was originally written using 2 cups of eggnog which readers said was too much. I have amended the recipe to now be 1 & 1/4 cups eggnog. 11/2020
No-Bake Eggnog Cream Pie
- 1 9" graham cracker pie crust prepared, or homemade
- 1 (3.4-3.9 oz box) INSTANT French Vanilla pudding mix (or regular vanilla if you cannot find French Vanilla)
- 1¼ cups eggnog
- 1/2 tsp rum extract optional but recommended
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 oz tub) Cool Whip thawed (or alternatively, you may use 2 cups freshly whipped cream)
- Additional whipped cream for garnish optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together the instant dry pudding mix, eggnog, rum extract (if using) and nutmeg until thick, about 2 minutes. Fold in the Cool Whip or fresh whipped cream until fluffy and light. Spoon into the graham cracker pie crust and smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate the pie for at LEAST 4 hours, or overnight, to set.
- Just before serving, garnish with more whipped cream or Cool Whip and a sprinkling of nutmeg, if desired.
I love the je ne sais quoi that the fresh nutmeg adds to this recipe – it just totally ramps up that eggnog flavor and makes this pie just as authentic as the drink itself.
Have a super sweet day!