I am SO GLAD it’s Friday!
Usually the days blur together since I work at home, sometimes never changing out of my pajamas from the night before. Sorry, I know that’s not the image some of you probably had of me, all glammed up all day every day, dressed to the nines, but it’s the truth. #YogaPantsForLife
But this week was an exceptionally busy one. For one, I kicked off my week-long cookbook giveaway! (Have you entered!? You should!). I also kicked off an Instagram-only cookbook giveaway (which you should enter, too!). Then I had an interview (!!) with the local paper in which I was interviewed about my book. This was awesome in every sense of the word, and I was/am so excited to see my goofy face in print.
…But it also meant cleaning ALL THE THINGS to make my house look less sordid than it does on a daily basis. Okay, ‘sordid’ is a bit dramatic. Unkempt? Bedraggled? What’s the term for haven’t-vacuumed-in-weeks? Lazy? That’s the one.
So I spent days scrubbing baseboards, dusting every single one of my props, making my desk look like a desk and not a floating vessel that holds every paper in existence, and obviously, baking. Lots of baking.
Now that the interview is over (and I eagerly await to see my mug in print!), I can go back to letting the house chores fall to the wayside (sorry, Mom) and continue wearing yoga pants all day long. But man, my house does look nice, so there’s that.
ANYWHO, the long-winded point of this is that I’m pooped and ready for the weekend! It’s over 100 degrees here in Sacramento and I just cannot handle one more minute of it, so I’m spending any free time researching moving to Antarctica because it doesn’t feel like Satan’s armpit in the summertime. Also, penguin neighbors. Always a plus.
SO long story short (or, long – sorry), here’s the recipe for the day! These poppable little devils are Salted Ganache Cookie Cups and man, are they fantastic! Little chewy chocolate chip cookie cups filled with creamy, rich chocolate ganache and sprinkled with a little sea salt action. Chewy, gooey, exceptional!
And goes great with weekends, FYI.
- 1 pkg (24-count) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 24-cavity miniature muffin pan with cooking spray. Place one ball of cookie dough into each muffin cup. Using your fingers, gently press it into the cup.
- Bake the cookie cups for approx. 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, slightly crisp edges and the centers look just about set. Do not over bake. Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- After they've briefly cooled, use the handle of a wooden spoon to make indentations in the center of each cookie cup, careful not to puncture all the way through. Allow the cookie cups to cool completely, then gently pop them out of the muffin tin and place on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave on HIGH power for about 25 seconds. Stir, then microwave again for another 20 seconds. Stir until smooth and glossy.
- Evenly distribute the chocolate ganache into each cookie cup. Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve immediately, or let set.
I am absolutely in love with the outrageously gooey chocolate ganache filling! The salt on top really deepens that rich chocolate flavor. If you prefer a stronger chocolate, use dark chocolate chips or bittersweet chocolate chips instead!
Have a super sweet weekend!