This Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Cake is a wonder! Super fast, super easy and totally delicious!
You guys. This cake is outrageous. Like, crazy-town good.
It’s basically a gigantic cinnamon roll stuffed with cheesecake filling. So in a word, it’s perfect.
Serve it up for breakfast, lunch, linner, dinner, or dessert. Or simply have it as a snack. Just whatever you do, promise me you’ll make it? It’s quite possibly one of the best things I’ve made.
You read that right!
It’s Friday, so I’ll keep this post short & sweet, but here’s the low-down on this monster.
Basically, you open a package of refrigerated cinnamon rolls and unroll one of ’em slightly. Place it into the center of a greased pie plate or round cake pan. Unroll another cinnamon roll completely and begin wrapping it around the first cinnamon roll, cinnamon-side in. Continue with the remaining rolls until there’s a gigantic spiralized cinnamon roll in the pan.
Now you could bake this puppy off and be done, but why would you want to skip out on cheesecake filling?
Whip up your cheesecake mixture and pipe it in between the cracks of each roll. It should be roll, cheesecake, roll, cheesecake, and continue to infinity… or until the middle of the cheesecake cake. Bake it up until it’s golden brown and purty, then top it with the cinnamon roll glaze that comes in the package.
Simple. Fast. Phenomenal. (And I’m not describing myself).
Do yourself a flava and MAKE IT!
*adapted from the Pillsbury Bake Off Desserts cookbook
Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Cake
- 1 (5-count) package refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1 (8 oz pkg) cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9" pie plate or round cake pan.
- Open the package of cinnamon rolls and take one roll in your hand. Gently loosen the roll so it's still wound up but not as tightly. Place it in the center of the prepared pan. Take another roll, unroll it completely, and begin wrapping it around the center roll, cinnamon-side facing inward, and pinching the ends of the roll to seal. Repeat with remaining rolls, creating a large spiral.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Spoon the cheesecake filling mixture into a piping bag, snip off the end, and pipe the cheesecake mixture halfway in between each strip of cinnamon roll. Start from the center and work your way to the outer edge.
- Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and set. Cool for about 10 minutes, then top with the prepared glaze from the cinnamon roll package. Cut into wedges and serve warm, or at room temperature.
Super gooey, packed with cinnamon goodness and filled with creamy cheesecake. Is there anything this Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Cake can’t do?!
Have a super sweet day!