These Orange Bars are my new favorite thing. Like ever. Or at least until I make something new 🙂
Remember a couple of weeks ago when I posted my Best-Ever Lemon Bars? This is the same recipe but made with bright & juicy oranges instead of lemons. The oranges add such a great hint of sweetness and freshness to these soft, zesty bars. And most importantly, they’re so easy to make!
For this post, I’m partnering with one of my favorite cooking brands, OXO for their line of Glass Bakeware and Food Storage. This line is awesome, you guys!
The Glass Bakeware and SNAP Glass Food Storage lines are made with thermal shock-resistant borosilicate glass, which means the bakeware can go from the freezer to the oven or the microwave without cracking. Both the Glass Bakeware and the SNAP Glass Food Storage can withstand up to 250 degrees F of temperature change. Love that!
Here’s what I love about the Glass Bakeware: It has raised, slosh-proof lids which makes transportation a breeze and it doesn’t crush the goodies inside… this is great for me since I’m always transporting treats and am so worried everything will get squashed. It also has wide handles which makes it easy to take out of the oven, and easy-to-read markings on the container.
And the SNAP Glass Food Storage is awesome, too! The storage is stackable and nestable which saves on space, the lids are microwave-safe, and they have a leak-proof seal. You can also interchange the glass food storage lids with the plastic line as well.
Perfect for say, bringing a couple of these bars with you to work?
Now can you please make these? You can thank me later!
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter cubed (I used salted, but you can use unsalted)
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9" baking pan with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Cut in the cubed butter with a pastry blender or two forks until the mixture forms coarse, moist crumbs. You'll know it's ready when you grab a fistful and it holds together. Spread the mixture into an even layer into the prepared baking pan. Bake for approx. 7 minutes. Remove from oven and keep oven on.
- While crust bakes, make your filling. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and flour until no clumps remain. Add in the eggs, orange juice and orange zest and whisk vigorously to combine, until smooth. Pour the filling mixture over the crust and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely, then refrigerate for about 2 hours or until set. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Click here for more info on this 14 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set from OXO!
Have a super sweet day!
In the interest of full disclosure, this post was sponsored by OXO. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands who help keep The Domestic Rebel alive!