If you’re looking for something ultra gooey, these Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Gooey Bars are IT.
So a couple of days ago, I went to Disneyland with my sister. We flew down to LA (thankfully it was only an hour flight!) and I picked up my usual travel requirement: an US Weekly magazine. I know, I know, I should be reading Russian literature or something far more thought-provoking and advanced, but I cannot help it. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE STARS ARE DOING.
Anyway, US Weekly has a column called “25 things you didn’t know about me” so I figured I would do that in this post because A) I’m currently experiencing writer’s block and B) because apparently I think you guys care about 25 random facts about me. Just humor me, okay? And leave in the comments some random facts about YOU! I love random facts. Like a lot.
- My hair has been every color of the rainbow. Even the ugly colors. My favorite hair color, however, is my current platinum blonde.
- I refuse to eat pork chops. I loathe them.
- I’m obsessed with potato chips. My favorite are Doritos.
- I’ve only been stung by a bee once. It was in the second grade. I called home and my dad came to pick me up. We then went to the dump, for reasons unknown, where ironically there were a ton of bees.
- One of my dreams is to open up a dog sanctuary/rescue.
- I have two rescue dogs – Mannie, a 3-legged Border Collie, and Jack, a Yorkie/Norfolk Terrier. I love them both dearly!
- I am deathly afraid of heights. Like, even walking on the second floor of the mall makes me a little queasy.
- I was an English literature major.
- My alcoholic drink of choice is a Midori Sour.
- My non-alcoholic drink of choice is unsweetened black iced tea.
- I have over twenty tattoos. All but one are on my legs.
- My least favorite fruit is blackberries.
- I am pretty much the textbook definition of an Aquarius.
- If I could live anywhere, I’d choose to live on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
- And if I could have any car in the world, I’d choose to keep my Honda Civic. I love her!
- My favorite color is bubblegum pink… but I typically wear only black.
- Cupcakes are probably my least favorite dessert. This is probably because I’m not a huge frosting fan!
- I am obsessed with magazines. Sometimes I’ll bring old already-read issues with me to doctor’s/dentist’s offices so I can switch them out with issues I haven’t read. My favorites (which is honestly like picking your favorite kid) are Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Real Simple, and Woman’s Day.
- I only wear dresses or leggings. I have one pair of jeans and I never wear them.
- I don’t typically eat red meat. And if it weren’t for turkey and seafood, I would probably become a vegetarian.
- Soup is one of my favorite meals. I love pretty much all kinds – split pea, chicken tortilla, chicken & dumplings, corn chowder, French onion…
- Betsey Johnson is my favorite designer. I met her once and she is incredibly sweet and fun in person. We’re basically BFFs.
- When I was a little girl, I wanted to become an author. Now my dream is coming true and I cannot wait to hold my cookbook in my hands! August 2016!!
- Gerbera daisies and roses are my favorite flowers.
- And soft Red Vines are my favorite candy!!
See? Aren’t you glad you know all this about me? *sarcasm* I promise I’ll be back with my regular shenanigans next time. BUT (!) please promise me you’ll make these Gooey Bars? They are incredible.
Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Gooey Bars
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter divided & melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread similar to peanut butter or Nutella, and found where the peanut butter is in the grocery store
- 1 (8 oz pkg) Reese's Minis
- 1 (16 oz box) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9" baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil liberally with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, one (1) stick of melted butter and one (1) egg, stirring with a rubber spatula until combined and thick. Press the mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer. Sprinkle the layer with the Reese's Minis.
- Wipe out the bowl and add in the cream cheese and Reese's chocolate spread. Using an electric mixer, beat for about 30 seconds - 1 minute or until combined. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the remaining stick of melted butter, beating well. Lastly, add in the powdered sugar all at once, beating until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over the crust layer. The pan will weigh about one ton. Pop the pan in the oven and bake for approx. 35-40 minutes or until the center is just about set and only slightly jiggly. It's okay if it jiggles a little bit; do NOT over bake! Allow the bars to cool completely, then refrigerate for about 2 hours or until chilled before cutting into squares.
- Dust the tops with powdered sugar, if desired. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Gooey, chewy, and loaded with chocolate and peanut butter flavor, these Reese’s Gooey Bars are outrageously awesome!
Have a super sweet day!