It is divine.
Crunchy chocolate cookie base. Smooth-as-silk chocolate ganache filling. Crisp and minty peppermint pieces adorn the top. And all together? It’s pure bliss, y’all.
This Chocolate Peppermint Ganache Pie is extra special, too. It’s made with real ingredients (well, except for the candy canes) and the chocolate cookie crust is made with Back to Nature Classic Creme Cookies.
Have you heard of Back to Nature before? For over 50 years they’ve created foods with ingredients inspired by nature to create great-tasting products that are simply delicious, simply good. I know what you’re thinking – cookies? But these cookies are made without high-fructose corn syrup making them a better choice when it comes to cookies, and the perfect choice in making this crust!
Back to Nature also has a lineup of crackers, nuts, granola and more, including these delicious Shortbread Cookies which contain no high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils and they’re made with organic wheat flour and organic butter, so you can feel good about eating them 🙂 I decided to dip the shortbread cookies in chocolate almond bark and sprinkle them with candy cane pieces for a festive accompaniment to this ultra rich chocolate ganache pie. Cookies and pie? Always a smart choice. Hey, it’s the holidays. I’ve already busted out my fat pants and made amends with elastic waistbands until January 1.
Now can we talk about this pie?! It’s outrageous, people. Made with twelve ounces of semi-sweet chocolate, heavy cream, a splash of vanilla and some butter, it’s pure deliciousness. The candy cane pieces add such a festive pop of color and crunch to this rich and smooth pie, so don’t think about leaving them out! And if you want more peppermint flavor, feel free to add a splash of peppermint extract into the chocolate mixture before pouring it over the crust.
Now who’s hungry?!
*adapted from my Double Chocolate Ganache Pie recipe
Chocolate Peppermint Ganache Pie
- 1 (12-ounce box) chocolate creme cookies such as Oreos
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
- 12 oz (3 pkgs) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate roughly chopped into small pieces
- 4 Tbsp butter cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- About 1/2 cup crushed candy cane pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a tart pan with a removable bottom with cooking spray and place it on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and the melted butter and gently stir to combine. Press evenly into the prepared tart pan and bake for approx. 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- Once tart crust has cooled, make your ganache. In a large bowl, add the chopped chocolate and butter; set aside. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat together the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla over medium heat or until mixture begins to simmer. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and set aside for about 5 minutes. Once five minutes is up, stir or whisk to combine until ganache is creamy and smooth.
- Spread the ganache into the prepared pan and even out the top. Sprinkle with candy cane pieces. Refrigerate for approx. 2-3 hours or until set before cutting into slices.
For more information about Back to Nature products, be sure to visit them on Facebook!
Have a super sweet day!
In the interest of full disclosure, I was generously provided with Back to Nature products to create this recipe. All opinions are 100% my own and I was compensated for this post.