In my defense, these lush desserts are downright delicious. And my oven was broken for what felt like eleventy billion years, so there’s that. Thank god it’s since been fixed!
But in the meantime, if you haven’t already, you must give my lush desserts a try. They’re seriously one of the easiest, tastiest desserts you’ll make – and they’re no-bake which is great for this heat we still have.
(Seriously, when will summer end for good? I’m dying over here).
*adapted from the s’mores lush
- 36 Chocolate Mint Oreos
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 box (3.4 oz) Chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp mint extract (MINT, not peppermint)
- 4 cups Cool Whip (about 2 8-oz pkgs), divided
- About ½ cup Andes mints, chopped
- Place 20 cookies in a gallon size resealable bag and begin crushing the cookies with a rolling pin or meat mallet until the cookies become coarse crumbs. Pour the cookie crumbs into a large bowl with the melted butter and toss to combine. Press into a greased 8 or 9-inch square baking dish, compacting them loosely in there. Set aside.
- Wipe out the bowl and add in the pudding mix, mint extract and milk, whisking until combined and letting sit for 2 minutes. Add in one package (2 cups) of the Cool Whip, folding it in until combined. Carefully spread this mixture over the cookies in the pan.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top of the chocolate mint pudding layer.
- Crush the remaining cookies in another plastic bag until coarse crumbs as formed. Sprinkle the cookies over the top with the mint candy pieces. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before cutting into slices to serve.
I think this one was my favorite lush dessert thus far. It’s so light and fluffy and is packed with that refreshing sweet mint and chocolate flavor I love! It’s so perfect for summertime!