I hate the gym.
I hate cardio, I hate aerobics, I hate that I’m the only one in Zumba that looks like I’m having a grand mal seizure. I hate having to shower immediately after in fear of catching leprosy or something funky.
So yeah. I recently started up with the gym again and I’m having a helluva time. I know I need to be there so I put in the time, but damn. I’d much rather be shoveling this cheesecake in my face while binge-watching Orange in my pajamas.
…not that I do that or anything. Dontjudgeme.
But I’ll get straight to the point on this cheesecake: it’s the bomb. There’s a couple of qualifiers for you to check off in order to like this cheesecake.
1) You’re human
2) You like dessert
3) You like peanut butter cups in and around your mouth
4) You’re all of the above
This was originally going to be a Nutella cheesecake, but I spotted a jar of the Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread in the back of my pantry and knew I had to use that instead. It’s like Nutella but with a peanut buttery twist. And it’s oh so delicious in this cheesecake!
Creamy, rich, peanut buttery, thick and delicious, you’ll go nuts for this cheesecake. But you *may* want to make a date with the gym afterwards.
*adapted from the Sinful Sweets cookbook
- 1 jar Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 prepared Oreo chocolate cookie crust
- 1 bag Reese’s Peanut Butter Minis, roughly chopped
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add in the Reese’s spread and blend until smooth. Blend in the heavy cream and beat until it has a mousse-like texture.
- Spread the mixture carefully into the prepared cookie crust. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, garnish the pie with the chopped Reese’s cups. Cut into slices and serve!
Have a super sweet day!