- 1 pkg (12 oz) No Yolks Extra Broad Noodles
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 oz) pkg brown sugar & cinnamon flavored cream cheese (if you can't find this, simply substitute regular cream cheese)
- 1 & ¼ cups white sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- FOR TOPPING:
- 1 & ½ cups snickerdoodle cookies, finely chopped into very small pieces
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- First, fill a large, heavy sauce pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil your No Yolks Extra Broad Noodles for about 5 minutes or until tender but not overly soft. Drain the noodles, then rinse with cold water. Set aside. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and liberally grease a 13x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large food processor bowl, add the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, cream cheese, sugar, butter, and cinnamon and blend on medium-high heat until smooth. Pour the cream mixture on top of the noodles in a large bowl and toss to coat. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- In another medium bowl, toss together the chopped snickerdoodle cookies, the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and cinnamon until coated. Sprinkle evenly over top of the kugel. Bake for approx. 50-60 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly and appears set.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes in the pan before cutting, though the longer it sits the easier it is to cut. Serve and store leftovers covered in the fridge.
This kugel couldn’t be simpler to make and I love the authentic, perfectly spiced, warm & hearty snickerdoodle flavor throughout! This is definitely comfort food at its finest, and such a fun and modern spin on a classic, traditional Jewish dish! And hey… I won’t tell if you want to add a little something extra to make it truly decadent… The folks over at No Yolks would LOVE to hear what your favorite dish is using No Yolks Noodles! Leave me a comment below telling me your favorite dish using No Yolks and you will be entered for a chance to win a $100 Visa Gift Card!! In the meantime, be sure to use this coupon for $1 off of 2 bags of No Yolks Noodles — great savings to make a great kugel!
Have a fantastical day!!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#onlynoyolks” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/3/14 – 11/30/14.
Be sure to visit the No Yolks brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!