First of all, as a Hamilton Beach Brand Ambassador, I am proud to introduce you guys to yet another genius, innovative Hamilton Beach product that you’ll soon realize you cannot live without. Today we’re talking about the Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker and folks, it’s simply amazing. I’m honestly wondering how I survived with regular ol’ slow cookers in the past. This one is AHMAAAAZING.
Hamilton Beach’s Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker is probably the smartest slow cooker on the market right now. The Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker has three easy, modern and convenient cooking settings: manual, probe, and program. For busy days, program the cooking time and the Set & Forget will automatically shift to warm once the time is up. If you’re cooking larger cuts of meat, like pot roast or tenderloin, simply insert the probe, set the desired meat temperature, and the Set & Forget will automatically shift to warm when the desired temperature has been reached. And for traditional slow-cooking, manually set a HIGH, LOW, or WARM temperature for items that don’t have specific cooking times.
And one of my favorite new features of the Set & Forget happens to be that the folks at Hamilton Beach have made traveling with a slow cooker a breeze. Set & Forget has a clip-lock lid that ensures the product is airtight inside, meaning no messes in transit. And the top handle of the lid is a spoon rest. SO BRILLIANT, Y’ALL.
Not to mention the entire slow cooker is sleek and sophisticated, with an easy to read control panel on the front, grip handles for easy transport, a glossy black stoneware sleeve, and a clean and modern silver and black finish.
Have I piqued your interest yet? Good! Because this gorgeous, state-of-the-art Hamilton Beach Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker can be YOURS! Simply enter through the Rafflecopter widget below. I’ll randomly select a winner on October 7, 2014 to receive their very own slow cooker!! Good luck!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Now… speaking of slow cookers, you know I had to create a highly decadent dessert to christen this new slow cooker… and what better dessert to make than an indulgent, sinfully delicious Slow Cooker Molten Lava Cake!? Molten Lava Cakes were one of my favorite desserts to order as a kid because of that irresistible, highly anticipated gooey lava center and the rich, spongy cake surrounding it. Add a dollop of whipped cream and I was in heaven. This cake transports me back to those days as a kid when calories didn’t count and lava cakes were aplenty. And it couldn’t be easier when you’re using your Set & Forget Slow Cooker!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (I used Pillsbury Devil's Food)
- 1 & ⅔ cups water
- ½ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 box instant chocolate fudge pudding mi
- 2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Whipped cream and berries for topping, optional
- Liberally grease the inner sleeve of your Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker by using a nonstick cooking spray. Set it back into the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, oil and eggs with a handheld electric mixer for 2 minutes or until completely blended. Pour the cake batter into the greased slow cooker sleeve.
- Using the same bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk until combined. Let the mixture sit for a minute or two until the pudding is slightly soft-set. Pour the pudding mixture directly onto the cake batter; immediately top with an even sprinkling of chocolate chips. Do NOT mix in - just leave it poured right on top!
- Set your Set & Forget Slow Cooker to MANUAL, 3 hrs on HIGH HEAT. Secure the lid and click start. Scoop portions of the cake onto plates and top with berries and whipped cream, if you'd like. Serve immediately.
Have a fantastical day!!
In the interest of full disclosure, as a Hamilton Beach Brand Ambassador, I was generously provided with this new Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker to review. All opinions are 100% my own.