Howdy friends! Well, it’s official — I’m leaving NYC. And I guarantee I’m crying about it. One, because I LOVE the city so much and I don’t know when I’ll return; two, because I cannot take Wafels & Dinges with me; and three, because I don’t have a layover at Ashton’s house. *sobs*
Ashton is the genius blogger behind Something Swanky, aka one of the first blogs I started reading and one of my first blog friends! She is the sweetest, funniest and most adorable girl ever and she makes some seriously drool-worthy creations. Take, for example, these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brookies (zomg) or if you’re feeling more sinful, her Baked “Deep Fried” Oreos. You read that right, partner.
So while I’m thousands of miles high in the sky headed homeward, I’ll have Ashton take over the reigns and introduce you into your new favorite snack. No, seriously.. y’all will become addicted to these quick!!
Zomg! I’m so excited to be hanging out with the cool kids over here on The Domestic Rebel.
Seriously. I’m pretty sure I’m not nearly cool enough to be posting here. But shhhh– don’t tell Hayley. 😉
I’m Ashton, and I blog over at Something Swanky. Desserts are my main squeeze, and my site is chock full of butter and carb-laden treats that are well worth every calorie. If you’re looking for a place to start, my personal favorites (du jour, anyway) are these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brookies and this M&M Brownie Batter Dip.
But enough about me– let’s talk The Domestic Rebel. When Hayley asked me to visit with a recipe, I knew I had to make something for you guys that was just so major Domestic Rebel. So, of course, I knew the recipe would have to involve stuffing something into something else and then smothering it all in chocolate and sprinkles.
Sound about right?
These Fluffer Nutter Stuffed Oreos are ridonkulous. Seriously. I don’t know why I’ve never tried this before.
And SOOOOOOOO easy and quick. Simply open up your Oreo, schmear some PB on one side and a little marshmallow fluff on the other. Put ’em back together, and give it a quick dunk in chocolate and sprinkles. VOILA! Done. And it’s amazing.
You’re going to love life a little more after you try this…
- Peanut Butter
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Chocolate candy melts (like Wilton or Ghirardelli)
- Split Oreo. It's okay if the cream ends up on both halves.
- Spread peanut butter on one half. Marshmallow cream on the other. Only about a teaspoon or less on each.
- Put halves together and place on a baking sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate candy in a bowl according to package directions.
- Remove Oreo from freezer. Place it in the bowl of melted chocolate, using a fork to flip it and make sure it's coated completely. Use the fork to lift it from the chocolate, and tap gently on edge of bowl to shake off excess chocolate.
- Place dipped Oreo on a piece of parchment, wax paper, foil, or silicon mat to cool and harden (although: add sprinkles before they cool if desired!).
- Serve immediately or store/package in airtight container for up to 3 weeks (or longer... mine have never made it longer than that though)
- Note: These directions are only for one Oreo, and the ingredient list doesn't provide measurements for a specific yield. This is because you can adjust this recipe to make as many or as few as needed. You can make only one, or you could make an entire package-worth of Oreos! It's totally up to you.
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!