This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #LoveDoveFruits
Just think about it: bananas & chocolate. Raspberry & chocolate. Lemon & white chocolate. Strawberries & dark chocolate. So many options, people! It’s impossible to resist chocolate covered fruit — one, because it’s fruit which makes it healthy, and two, because chocolate.
But in all seriousness — fruit and dark chocolate are both really good for you. Dark chocolate has antioxidants and other magical powers, and fruit boasts tons of nutrients. Combined together, you have a delicious, better-for-you treat that you can feel good about indulging in 🙂
So when I spotted new Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry at Sam’s Club, I knew I wanted to snack senselessly on it and create something with it. Each juicy, plump cranberry is surrounded by a luscious layer of dark chocolate. They’re perfectly poppable, seriously delicious and taste so rich & indulgent, but are actually a decently nutritious, on-the-go snack. (Plus, they’re at Sam’s Club so they conveniently came in a super-sized bag — more snacking for me! Yay!)
And in case you didn’t know, cranberry + dark chocolate will soon become your new favorite fruit + chocolate pairing. The tartness of the berries and the smooth richness of the chocolate make for an addictive snack. And in addition to a delish snack? These Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry bites make for a great star in these Dark Chocolate Cranberry Bliss Blondie Bars.
You’ve had those Starbucks Cranberry Bliss bars, right? They usually pop up around the holiday season, but I happen to think cranberries are delightful year-round and I tend to get hankerings often, so I make them throughout the seasons. These bars are very similar to the Starbucks version, but instead of regular cranberries, they’re filled and topped with chopped Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry. The result is a soft and chewy brown-sugary blondie filled with juicy chocolate-covered cranberries and white chocolate chips, then topped with a seriously yummy cream cheese icing, more tart chocolate-covered cranberries and some extra dried cranberries to amp up that sweet-tart flavor.
In other words? They’re simply awesome. And the Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry has very limited availability in Sam’s Club stores, so you have to track down a bag (or four) and stock up! And um: blondies filled with chocolate-covered cranberries. Need I say more?!
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 & ¾ cups Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry, roughly chopped & divided
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- FOR FROSTING & TOPPING
- 4 oz (1/2 pkg) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pkg white chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 13x9" baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar together with a spoon. Stir in the eggs + vanilla extract to combine. Add in the flour, baking soda and salt until a batter comes together. Stir in ¾ cup of the chopped Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry and the ¾ cup of white chocolate chips. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and just about set in the center. Cool the bars completely.
- To prepare the frosting, melt the remaining package of white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl on HIGH heat for 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Remove about ¼th of the white chocolate to a smaller bowl; set aside. To the remaining melted white chocolate, add in the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar and beat with an electric mixer for about a minute or until fluffy and soft.
- Spread the frosting on top of the blondies in an even layer. Immediately top with the remaining chopped Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry pieces and the dried cranberries. Gently press the toppings into the frosting. Take the remaining reserved white chocolate and drizzle it on top for a garnish. Allow the bars to set for about 20 minutes before cutting into squares (or triangles, like I did). Serve!
Creamy, chewy, sweet, tart and absolutely delicious — the Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry is undeniably the star here in these indulgent blondie bars! The dark chocolate adds a depth of creamy richness to the brown sugary blondies, and the juicy, fresh cranberries inside add that pop of brightness and a slight tartness which offsets that sweetness beautifully. Combined with the slight tang of the cream cheese icing and the chewiness of the dried cranberries sprinkled on top, these bars offer amazing flavor and texture — and are gorgeous to boot!
Be sure to pick up your own bag of Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry at your nearest Sam’s Club store — and remember, they’re only available for a limited time! In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled for Dove® Fruit Whole Cherry, which hits stores soon (um, chocolate + cherry = yes please). Thanks for indulging with me today!!
Have a scrumptious day!!