That they aren’t available year round!
Those girls sure know how to keep the general public hankering for Thin Mints the other three seasons of the year. Those scheming kids. *shakes fist*
So you can imagine my sheer delight when I spotted these NESTLÉ® CRUNCH® Girl Scouts® Cookie Candy Bars at my local Walmart! Take a minute to let that sink into your brain. Girl Scout Cookie Candy Bars. Candy bars. You read it correctly, friend. I pinched myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming in the middle of a Walmart, too. Probably wouldn’t have been the first time I’ve dreamt about Walmart, either — but that’s another story for another time.
Anywho, these are candy bars that taste identical to the three most popular Girl Scout Cookie flavors: Peanut Butter Creme, Caramel Coconut, and Thin Mints®. And since I noticed the box threatened that these candy bars are a limited edition (eeek, they’re only available through the summertime!) I picked up multiples of each flavor. Hey, if there’s one thing I know for certain, it’s that none of these candy bars will go to waste in my home.
But one stood out of the pack — my ray of sunshine, the Caramel Coconut. I cannot resist the tempting sweetness of coconut or the creamy, buttery lusciousness of caramel, so I knew I had to take this Caramel Coconut Candy Bar to the extreme, cheesecake style.
The result? Hubba hubba. My life? It’s complete.
No longer will I have to pine for my Girl Scout cookie fix! These NESTLÉ® CRUNCH® Girl Scouts® Candy Bars are the perfect solution for your Girl Scout cookie hankering. And this pie? The perfectest excuse in all of the excuses to buy a box (or two!) of the Caramel Coconut flavor. One bite, man — you’ll be hooked.
That scheming Hayley. *shakes fist at self*
- 1 prepared Oreo cookie crust
- 2 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 18 NESTLÉ® CRUNCH® Girl Scouts® Caramel Coconut Candy Bars, roughly chopped (1 & ½ boxes)
- ½ cup caramel sundae sauce
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese with the paddle attachment until creamy. Slowly add in the milk and beat to combine. Add in brown sugar and vanilla, then beat in the pudding mix. Continue beating on low speed for about 2 minutes. Stir in ONE box of the chopped NESTLÉ® CRUNCH® Girl Scouts® Caramel Coconut Candy Bars (about 1 heaping cup) to combine.
- Very gently spread the mixture (it will be thick) into the prepared cookie crust. Refrigerate the cheesecake for about 3 hours or until firm.
- Drizzle the top of the cheesecake with caramel sauce and top with toasted coconut and remaining candy bar pieces. Drizzle with chocolate syrup, if desired. Store leftovers in fridge, covered.
I meeeeean.. it’ssogoodandyouabsolutelyneedasliceorfive. Trust.
Remember, these delectable candy bars are only available at Walmart until the end of summer, so stock up now! (You will absolutely, positively need to stock up — they’re highly addictive and great little prepackaged snacks or treats!)
Have a delicious day!