And yesterday, I went to the gym twice. TWICE, people.
I’ve definitely been invaded.
There’s just something so intoxicating about wearing actual JEANS again, not just the spandex leggings I’ve been rockin’ for the past I-don’t-kn0w-when since my hips became the diameter of a large crater. Like, I can’t tell you how freakin’excited I am to own jeans again. I never wear them when I have them, true, but I am liking the idea of not always wearing yoga pants because it’s been really damaging to my soul.
Also because I’m going to Miami in May for BlogHer Food 2014 and I really, really want to go on the beach. Or at least take a dip in the hotel pool without people screaming that a transparent five-foot-eight jellyfish has beached itself by the hot tub.
Buuuuut, even if the aliens were to leave tomorrow and send me down a spiral of butter-eating yet again, I’d probably still go to the beach and rock a swimsuit no matter what size or how jellyfishy I may be. Because I’ll be in Miami. And probably doublefisting mojitos 24 hours of each day, so after a fourth rum or so I probably won’t give a crap about appearances which will be both liberating and humiliating I’m sure.
Anyways, have you guys seen the new flavors of Oreos?! I bet you have — everyone has been talking about them! If you haven’t (or if you live in a jellyfish-infested cave like where I come from), the new flavors are Cookie Dough (sososo amazing in THIS recipe!) and Rice Krispy Treat. Um, yes please. I am a HUGE RKT fan and knew it would be love at first bite with these Oreos… not surprisingly, it was and suddenly the contents of the package magically disappeared. Thank god I had the smarts to buy two packages!
I knew I wanted to make something that showcased the sweet, chewy and enjoyable flavors of a classic Rice Krispy Treat and this cheesecake definitely surpassed my expectations. First of all, the cheesecake is no-bake which makes this a perfect recipe to bookmark for hot summer days or if you’re pressed for time. Second of all, if you love marshmallow –and if you like RKTs, you must!– then you’ll love that this cheesecake tastes just like a giant, fluffy marshmallow, thanks to the marshmallows melted into the actual cheesecake mixture. And third, the buttery crust is made with, you guessed it, RKT Oreos and the cheesecake is finally topped with an awesome mixture of crushed RKT Oreos and actual Rice Krispy Treats!
Seriously… it’s an RKT heaven for both humans and scary jellyfish people like myself.
- 1 full package, plus about 8 additional Marshmallow Krispy Golden Oreos, divided
- 9 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 bag (about 40) large marshmallows
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip Free
- About 4 standard-size Rice Krispy Treats, roughly chopped
- Grease an aluminum or porcelain 9" pie plate lightly with cooking spray and set aside. Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, crush the entire package (about 25 cookies) of Oreos until finely ground. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt 5 Tablespoons of the butter and pour the melted butter into the crumb mixture. Stir until the crumbs resemble wet sand and are thoroughly coated. Press the crumb mixture into the pie pan firmly along the bottom and up the sides. Set aside, preferably in the fridge briefly to set.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the remaining butter and marshmallows over medium heat, stirring constantly, until marshmallows have melted completely. Set them aside once melted.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft and smooth. Beat in the melted marshmallow goo until combined. Allow the mixture to cool for about 5 minutes, then gently fold in the Cool Whip until blended.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared pie pan. Crush the remaining cookies and spread the crushed cookies and chopped RKTs evenly over the top of the pie. Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours or overnight to set before cutting into slices. Store leftovers in the fridge up to 2 days. Best served the same or next day.
This sweet cheesecake is not for the faint of heart! If you love marshmallows than you’ll fall in love with this sweet & dreamy pie, filled with all that sticky marshmallow goo and the fluffiness from the Cool Whip. The best part, though, is that buttery RKT Oreo crust and the chopped treats set on top for that crisp and texture. I hope you love this pie as much as I do!
Have a fantastical day!!