- 1 pkg refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn (either plain or lightly salted)
- ½ pkg vanilla Candiquik or almond bark
- ¼ tsp rum extract
- Pinch nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- About 6-8 miniature Twix bars, chopped
- About ½ cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8" baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Mist the foil with PAM Cooking Spray for easy cleanup; set aside.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the greased pan. I usually break off a little cookie dough at a time, flatten it in my palms, and press it together like a puzzle to make it easier. Bake the cookie dough layer for approx. 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Once cookie bar layer has mostly cooled, open up the marshmallow cream. Using a greased offset spatula (just spritz the tool with some PAM), spread gobs of the marshmallow cream on top of the cookie in an even layer. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, melt the Candiquik until smooth. Quickly stir in the rum extract, pinch of nutmeg and the cinnamon to combine. Add the popcorn, Twix and toffee bits and gently toss the mixture together to coat thoroughly.
- Spread the popcorn mixture tall & evenly on top of the marshmallow layer. Pack it in, if possible, by using greased hands or your greased offset spatula. Allow the bars to set, about an hour at room temperature. Before cutting into squares, spritz a sharp knife with PAM to make cutting easier. Serve immediately.
Last year, my Eggnog Toffee Twix Popcorn was a HUGE hit with family & friends. This year, I decided to take a clear favorite and use it as an unconventional, sweet & salty topping for some gooey cookie bars! Feel free to experiment using different flavors of candy in place of the Twix (Milky Ways would be yummy!) or a different flavor cookie dough as a base. Want some more smart holiday tips from PAM? Here are some of my favorite (simple!) ways to save time using PAM Cooking Spray: *Spray your hands to easily pack down sticky ingredients like the popcorn in these bars, or Rice Krispies. *When rolling really sticky cookie dough, mist your hands with PAM to make rolling into even-sized balls a breeze. *Have a yummy dish (like a super cheesy casserole or a frosted cake) and don’t want all that gooey cheese or sugary frosting to stick to foil on top? Lightly spray the top sheet of foil with cooking spray, and cover the dish spray-side down to prevent any toppings from sticking to the foil. Gooey cheese stays on your casserole, and sugary frosting stays on your cake! *One of my favorite low-fat snacks is making chicken taquitos at home. Instead of deep frying, I bake my taquitos in the oven. Before they bake, I spritz the tortilla with PAM cooking spray to help crisp them up as they bake without all the fat! Now how would YOU like to have a mess-free holiday? PAM is looking to give a lucky reader a $100 VISA gift card! Just answer the following question by leaving a comment: What’s YOUR favorite holiday smart cut? Answer below! A winner will be drawn randomly by BlogHer Sweeps and be notified via email at the conclusion of the sweepstakes. May your kitchen successes make successful cleanups with PAM! PAM on, friends! Have a delicious day, xo, Hayley Sweepstakes Rules:
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/20/13 – 12/29/13.
Be sure to visit the PAM Cooking Spray page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!