When I went to New York City in March, I fell hopelessly in love.
Much like any love, at first I was a bit apprehensive. This was proooobably too good to be true. What if it failed miserably? It would have been such a waste, save for a possible good story to tell later on.
But then I tried Wafels and Dinges and I was like OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU MARRY ME all at once. Pretty much love at first bite. I wanted nothing but buttery, soft liege waffles for the remaining duration of my stay. I probably asked Kayle to take me to Wafels and Dinges like, 800 times. Even minutes after finishing my last bite, I wanted more.
Addiction status, my friend.
So coming home to California was horrible for the withdrawal period. We’re talking the shakes, difficulty eating other food since it wasn’t waffles, having extreme resentment for living in California, cursing out Eggos for not being lieges, and even waffle dreams in which I’d wake up with the faint taste of buttery goodness in my mouth — and the deep sting of its absence in my heart.
Back at home in the mundane California life, I was weeping down the aisles of the grocery store when I spotted Cosmos Creations. Having never heard of them, and also knowing my affinity for all things galactic (like owning seven pairs of galaxy-printed pants), I picked up a bag and vowed to snack on it later during my waffle withdrawal. And when I opened the bag — I was hopelessly hooked. Nothing like replacing one addiction with another!
Don’t brush Cosmos Creations off as another caramel corn — it’s different in both flavor, texture and overall product. First of all, Cosmos Creations is NOT popcorn, but actually oven-baked corn that’s lighter in texture (in my opinion) yet still maintains that light, crispy crunch of traditional popcorn products. It’s made with all-natural ingredients, is free of hulls and kernels (yay, no cracking your teeth!!), and uses Non-GMO corn. It’s also trans-fat free and gluten-free!!
In flavors like Sea Salt & Butter (WAY better than movie theatre popcorn!!), Caramel, Salted Caramel and Cinnamon Crunch (my personal favorite!) you’ll inhale a bag or two faster than you’d think. Each morsel is evenly coated with the sugary, caramely mixture for a truly deliciously addictive snack. And what I loved most about the Cinnamon Crunch flavor is that it reminded me a LOT of those exceptional lieges back in NYC. Loaded with cinnamon, light, and just crispy enough, they were like mini waffles in baked-corn-form. So while eating them, I kind of brainstormed a killer snack mix that would harmoniously combine my new two fave addictions.
And Cosmos Creations is going to give one lucky reader a prize pack featuring a large bag of each of their scrumptious flavors! All you have to do is enter through the Rafflecopter below, and I’ll choose a winner on Monday, June 3!! Easy peasy, snacky squeezy.
Introducing: Buttery Biscoff Waffle Mix. Like a snack mix gone to breakfast. You’ll never want ordinary snack mixes again. I promise.
Loaded with toasted, buttery Belgian waffles, crispy, Cinnamon Crunch Cosmos, cinnamon sugar Chex cereal, and French Toast-flavored Goldfish crackers, the entire thing is smothered in a heavenly white-chocolate-and-Biscoff blend, then sprinkled with powdered sugar.
It’s okay: this counts as breakfast.
Buttery Biscoff Waffle Mix *waffle mix idea adapted from Averie
- 1 bag (6.5 oz) Cosmos Creations Cinnamon Crunch flavor
- ½ bag (approx. 4 oz) Goldfish French Toast crackers
- 2 cups Cinnamon Sugar Chex cereal
- 3 Belgian waffles (I used frozen)
- About 2 pads butter
- 1 heaping Tablespoon Biscoff spread
- ½ pkg white chocolate bark (I like Candiquik)
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- First, make your waffles. I toasted mine in my traditional toaster oven until they were golden in color and crispy. You could also broil them, but do keep an eye on them as they can burn very quickly. Once the waffles are toasted, remove immediately and slather them with a little butter. Let them sit to cool, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the Cosmos Creations, crackers and cereal; set aside. Cut the buttered waffles into bite-sized squares and place them in the same bowl. Meanwhile, in a smaller bowl, melt the white chocolate bark until smooth. Stir in the Tablespoon of Biscoff spread to combine.
- Pour the Biscoff-chocolate mixture into the large bowl. Gently stir to coat the snack mix completely with the Biscoff-chocolate mixture. Spread the mixture in an even layer onto a wax-paper-lined surface/ Allow the mixture to set, about 15 minutes, before dusting with powdered sugar, if desired. Store this mixture airtight for up to a week, though it's best served the same or very next day (the waffles tend to get softer as the days go by).
I’m sure you’re aware, but I make a LOT of goodies on a regular basis, and this happened to be one of my FAVORITE things I have made in awhile! It is SO addictive and tasty — and don’t tell Wafels, but I actually think I prefer this over their liege 🙂 I could NOT keep my hands away from this mix! For more info on Cosmos Creations, be sure to visit their website! And check your local grocery stores to find them near you!
Have a happy Monday!!
Cosmos Creations have graciously provided me with a free sample of their products to review. All opinions expressed are completely my own.