So, um, I love cream cheese. Whether smeared on bagels, swirled in brownies or stuffed in cheesecake, cream cheese kinda sorta rules my world.
I love that it has JUST enough tang to counterbalance the sweetness in desserts, and I love that it gives that creamy, luscious texture to anything it touches. I mean, I’d probably eat a boot if it were covered in cream cheese.
So when PHILADELPHIA asked me to partner with them for their new 6 Days to Delicious video campaign, I jumped on board. When it comes to cream cheese, PHILADELPHIA kinda sorta knows what they’re doing.. and any excuse I could get to work with cream cheese was an A+ in my book.
The 6 Days to Delicious campaign was designed to help educate consumers about the intense, thoughtful process that goes into making PHILADELPHIA cream cheese, and what sets that iconic silver packaging apart from other brands. The campaign walks you through the four standards PHILADELPHIA adheres to when creating their luscious, rich cream cheese.. which is why PHILADELPHIA is America’s favorite cream cheese! (And why my pants are always tight–go figure).
They use fresh, local milk and real wholesome cream. By using locally sourced dairy products, PHILADELPHIA can ensure a fresh-tasting product.
Farm to Fridge in 6 days. The fresh milk + cream combine to make the iconic cream cheese which is then refrigerated at the PHILADELPHIA creameries in Wisconsin and New York in six days!
Limited use of preservatives. You’ll find no preservatives in the brick varieties of PHILADELPHIA cream cheese.
REAL ingredients. PHILADELPHIA doesn’t do fake. That’s why they use real ingredients in their cream cheese, from crunchy pecans in their delectable Honey Nut spread, or fresh jalapenos in their newest variety, Spicy Jalapeno.
Plus, PHILADELPHIA is one of those brands that connects close to home in communities all over America. That’s why they’re a huge sponsor in the Share Our Strength charity and the No Kid Hungry Campaign. With every share of the “6 Days” video, PHILADELPHIA will donate $1 (up to $50,000) to help connect a child with up to 10 meals. Plus, PHILADELPHIA cream cheese is an excellent ingredient in baked goods (like this recipe!) and those baked goods make for awesome bake sales, like the Great American Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry.
So really, you can’t go wrong with their cream cheese. From their wide variety of flavors (savory to sweet and everything in between — I seriously ADORE the white chocolate indulgence!), to their commitment to provide a quality product, it’s no wonder PHILADELPHIA is at the top of their game!
I wanted a recipe to showcase the slightly sweet, slightly tart flavor of cream cheese but in a unique way. So I took the classic cheesecake-swirled brownie recipe and flavored my cheesecake to key lime which punched up that tart flavor, turned it a nice green shade, and complemented the fudgy brownie really well. I think you’ll enjoy!
Key Lime Cheesecake Brownies *adapted from THIS recipe
- 1 box chocolate fudge brownie mix, plus ingredients on back of box
- 6 ounces PHILADELPHIA cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp key lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Wilton Key Lime Candy Melts, optional (for drizzling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, prepare the brownie batter according to package instructions; pour ¾ of the batter into the prepared pan, leaving about ¼ cup of batter aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla, lime juice + zest with an electric mixer until blended + creamy. If you'd like, tint the cheesecake mixture with a couple of drops of green food coloring to brighten it up. Spoon the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter in the pan. Top the cheesecake layer with the remaining couple spoonfuls of the brownie batter. Using a sharp knife, gently swirl the cheesecake + brownie batter together to form a marbled pattern.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. If you'd like, melt the candy melts according to package instructions and drizzle over the tops of the cooled cheesecake brownies. Store brownies airtight, in the fridge, for a couple days. Makes 9 fat brownie hunks.
The key lime flavor isn’t super overwhelming in these brownies, so if you’re unsure about the pairing of chocolate + lime, don’t be! It’s just a subtle hint of tartness that brings out the creamy, rich cheesecake in these dense, super fudgy brownies. Plus, key lime is totally perfect for spring, so the flavor is a refreshing change on ordinary cheesecake brownies.
Have a fantastical day!
I have been selected by Kraft Foods to be an ambassador for PHILADELPHIA. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions are my own, and I have not been paid to post positive comments.