Do you know you’re the sweetest Peeps I’ve ever seen (and NOT eaten–did you know I have NEVER eaten a Peep? And only recently, had never had a Cadbury creme egg? BTW, I also live in a dark hole under a rock)?
I know it’s early, but next week, Spring Break will dominate my life and everyone else’s around me. School’s out, kids are EVERYWHERE *sigh* and while I don’t have kids and am not surrounded by them (thankfully) I can understand that moms everywhere are too busy to think about Easter by the time it rolls around next Sunday.
So my Easter Roundup will come an extra week early because, well, in the blogging world, we’re already focusing on Thanksgiving and Easter is soooo last December, y’all. And also, you’ll have plenty of time to make these super sweet Easter treats next weekend!
This Easter Egg Bark would be perfect to stuff in mini treat bags in your kids’ Easter baskets, if you ask me. Plus, it’s chock-full of nutritious ingredients like chocolate, sprinkles, M&M’s, Reese’s eggs and loads of sugar for a healthy holiday on a perpetual sugar-high.
For the bakeaphobes (because let’s face it, the oven will be full with ham and scalloped potatoes), may I suggest these No-Bake Birds-Nest Cookies? And rest assured, no birds nor nests were used in the making of these RIDICULOUSLY EASY cookies… however, I can’t guarantee birds don’t lay jelly bean eggs because in a perfect world, they would.
It wouldn’t be Easter without the quintessential bunny rabbit that breaks and enters, lays eggs around your house and poses with your kids for pictures at the mall (I’m sorry I made the bunny sound like a creepy man/home intruder). Anyway, these Oreo Bunny Pops are happy, sweet bunnies your kids won’t be scared of. And they’re fun to decorate!
My Pink Lemonade Fudge is sweet, tart and refreshing, especially after a heavy meal. Wrap this up in cute cellophane bags and give them to your neighbors for an extra-special treat.
OMG, dude. Why haven’t you made THESE yet?! They’re AMAZING. And I made flowers out of Sixlets. ‘Nuff said.
April showers = bring May flowers… but they also bring rainbows. Or maybe those are unicorns… Either way, make some Pastel Rainbow Cupcakes for your family and they’ll be SUPER impressed. Tell them you got the recipe from a unicorn. After a couple of these, they’ll probably believe you.
Last but certainly not least, are my new favorite bars EVER. Seriously, why haven’t you made these yet?! You do value our friendship, don’t you? DON’T YOU?! Make them now. You’re missing out and neglecting your tastebuds if you don’t.
I was kinda hoping you wouldn’t notice the blatant lack of anything carrot cake. I know, Easter and carrots and bunnies and yada yada but my family and I seriously despise carrot cake. Like, if carrot cake was stranded on the side of a creepy road we wouldn’t even stop to look at it. I know, we’re evil, awful people. But because other people love the stuff (and I know you exist but need a couple Pastel Rainbow Cupcakes to truly believe it) I found some seriously tasty-looking carrot cake recipes from other talented bloggers that deserve your undivided, vegetable-loving attention.
Carrot Cake Ice Cream by Kitchen Meets Girl
Carrot Cake Pie from Crazy For Crust
Carrot Cake Muffin Tops with Cream Cheese Frosting from Shugary Sweets
Carrot Cake Donuts from BruCrew Life
Carrot Cake Truffles from Cookbook Queen
Carrot Cake Cheesecake from Beantown Baker
Okay, apologies, but I have to stop there. Those are all converting me to possibly loving carrot cake and that would be sacrilege in my house.
And if carrot cake ain’t yo thang (I fully understand) and you’re tired of me (seriously, WTF), here are some other fun, awesome treats from other blogs!
Limoncello Sugar Cookies from Bake It With Booze
Oreo Coconut Gooey Cake Bars from BruCrew Life
Chocolate Covered PEEPS Easter Crispy Treats from Love From The Oven
Deep-Fried Cadbury Eggs from Something Swanky
Baby Chicks from Crazy For Crust
Cookie Sticks from Cookies and Cups
Easter Egg Basket Cupcakes from Six Sisters
Isn’t it weird that if you think about all these recipes I’ve listed, there’s probably THOUSANDS of calories accumulated from each one? But they’re ALL worth it, of course. So are the mint jeans and the Betsey Johnson dress I bought this week. And perhaps THESE shoes that I want for some reason.
I love justifying indulgences. It’s my favorite!
Anywho, here’s a few extra odds & ends before we part:
1. Were you totally bummed about Real Housewives of Orange County not having a new episode this week? Um, WTF ladies. I know you’re not doing anything this week which is a perfect cause for filming so where’s my juicy drama and Alexis new-nose unveiling? Also, I was kind of teased with this whole mud-wrestling bit and I really was disappointed to come home from school Wednesday, turn on my DVR and find NOTHING NEW. *Sigh* April 3rd, where are you when I need you?!
2. It’s spring break, beyotch! I’m TOTALLY.STOKED. Honestly, school has been grinding my gears SO.HARD lately. Midterms, essays, rational expressions and radicals, and Charles Dickens… too much for my little brain to handle at once. I’m like a goldfish. Anywho, I have two days off for my spring break so I plan on using them wisely, including but not limited to: baking, sleeping, lounging in yoga pants all day, walking my dog, photo adventures with Jessie, taking special trips downtown just for a piece of pizza, ridiculous amounts of drinking and neglecting every last bit of homework. Yay!
3. Okay, so mint jeans, as mentioned above. I’m obsessed–is anyone else? I’m an adult and technically should be looking for blazers and pencil skirts and conservative tops but I couldn’t care less about looking professional right now. Bring on the leopard print silk Betsey dress I scored for $50 and the outfits that make me look like a walking Easter egg. Colored jeans are totally amazing right now & I’m looooooving them with stripes!
3a. Also, my new favorite color combo: bubblegum pink and navy. GORGE!! I challenge ALL OF YOU, readers of The Domestic Rebel, to wear something pink & navy this week. DO IT. It’s like the visual fashion equivalent of a million dollars. It’s perfect.
4. I ran out of Midori this week which makes me sound like an alcoholic. This is kind of lame since it’s spring break (see #2) and I planned on turning my blood type to “Midori Sour.” Thanks, Ashley.
5. Why am I still ranting? It’s spring break!!
Have a fabulous weekend!! Tomorrow I have a superfreakingfantastical post, so please return bright & early! 🙂