On the hunt for the perfect Snickerdoodle cookie? Look no further! These Best-Ever Soft & Chewy Snickerdoodles are AMAZING! Thick, chewy, soft and fluffy, these cinnamon sugar wonders will soon become your new favorite!
So truth be told, I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect snickerdoodle cookie. I’ve tried all the recipes, tried all the bakery versions, tried all the boxes. But nothing comes close to this recipe!
I love when you find exactly what you’re looking for, ya know? Like when you’re on the hunt for the perfect objet d’art for your brand new apartment (!!!!!) and you find it. Or when you go to HomeGoods with the hopes they have XYZ and they DO in all the sizes, colors, and styles you could think of. For your new apartment, of course!!!
So… did you catch that? I got my first apartment!!
I am SO excited, y’all. And SO READY. What’s weird is, a few months ago if you asked when I was moving out, I would have shrugged and told you I was perfectly content living at home still. And, as if overnight, a switch flipped in me and I was basically scratching at the walls to get out & find my own place.
After looking around, I found one that’s totally perfect for me. Spacious, light and sunny, with easy stairs for Mannie to climb and a second bedroom that’s dedicated entirely to my extensive cake stand collection… and as an office 🙂
But when they say you’ll need ALLTHETHINGS for your apartment, they ain’t playin’! I mean, who automatically thinks of a toilet brush as something they need? Or Kleenex? Or a bath mat? (!!!!)
So Miss Organization over here found a moving-out checklist that details every last thing I need to make my move successful. So if you cut yourself in my apartment on my new knife set, I’ll have band-aids and antibacterial ointment to give you. And an aspirin. OMG, YOU GUYS I’M BUYING MY OWN BANDAIDS. I feel so adult right now.
Between buying my first broom and trying not to spend all my hard-earned money at Z Gallerie, I managed to make you these cookies. You can thank me later, because you’re going to want to make them ASAP!
These cookies have a fluffy, soft interior thanks to cream of tartar which gives them that lift and oomph. They’re spiked with cinnamon in the dough and rolled in cinnamon sugar just before baking to give them lots of flavor. The best part about these cookies, though, has to be that they do not need to chill before baking! Hip, hip, hooray!
So get yourself in the kitchen and make them STAT!
*adapted slightly from Good Housekeeping
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 & ½ cups plus ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 & ½ tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Optional: white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper; set aside.
- Cream together the butter and 1 & ½ cups granulated sugar together with an electric mixer until combined and light in color, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Lastly, beat in 1 tsp ground cinnamon, the baking soda, cream of tartar and the flour until a soft dough comes together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar and the 1 & ½ tsp ground cinnamon until combined. Drop rounded Tablespoonfuls of dough into the cinnamon sugar mixture, rolling them around to coat completely. Place 2" apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for approx. 8-10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time to ensure even cooking. Cool completely on the sheets.
Fluffy, soft, chewy and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, these Snickerdoodles are my new favorite recipe!
Have a super sweet day!