You read that right.
For this post, I teamed up with Hostess to bring you these Quick & Easy Salted Caramel Cupcakes. They’re super simple to whip together, don’t require an oven, and are the perfect union between sweet and salty. Plus, they’re crowned with a huge mountain of freshly whipped chocolate buttercream and garnished with a caramel candy. What’s not to love?!
They start with the base: Hostess’ new Sea Salt Caramel Cupcakes, which is a limited edition flavor that I know you’ll adore. It starts with a golden vanilla cupcake filled with a caramel creme and topped with velvety caramel icing and a signature squiggle everyone knows and loves. Hostess also unveiled Sea Salt Caramel Zingers, too: sponge cake with their signature creme filling, topped with a ribbon of caramel and covered in smooth milk chocolate. Both are garnished with fresh sea salt too, creating that perfect symphony of sweet and salty flavors.
And then I went the extra mile and topped these cupcakes with buttercream. I know, I know – but it had to be done. Chocolate and salted caramel just go hand-in-hand. This buttercream is light, fluffy and ultra luscious – you’ll love it, especially paired on top of these moist and soft cupcakes.
Both the Sea Salt Caramel Cupcakes and Zingers are only available through 7/31, so be sure to make up for lost time and make these cupcakes ASAP!
- About 12 Hostess Sea Salt Caramel Cupcakes, unwrapped (or any flavor cupcake)
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- About 5 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk, if needed
- Chocolate-caramel candies, for garnish
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, vanilla and cocoa powder with the paddle attachment until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar, about a cup at a time, until frosting is light and fluffy. Add in the milk only if the frosting is too thick and pasty.
- Pipe the frosting high onto the Hostess Cupcakes. Garnish with a chocolate-caramel candy. Serve immediately.
Piled high with luscious chocolate buttercream, these Sea Salt Caramel Cupcakes are to-die for! Be sure to look for them in your grocery store before July 31
Have a fantastical day!!
Hostess sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.