This Cold Brew Coffee Pie is so easy, smooth, creamy & addictive!
So I’m a cream-with-my-coffee kinda girl. Always have been, always will be.
It’s to the point where I actually carry mini coffee creamers with me when I travel. What? I love my coffee creamer! I dare Wayne Brady from Let’s Make A Deal to make a game out of what’s in my purse. I would so own him with my thimbles, spare change, hand sanitizer and coffee creamer. (Okay, maybe not a thimble… but if I ever went on the show, you bet your booty I’d be stocking up on thimbles).
So this pie is totally my bag. Not literally of course, but figuratively. Rather: this pie is my jam. No wait. This pie is my life? That’s more like it.
It’s so unapologetically creamy and dreamy and brimming with amazing coffee flavor. It tastes like a latte almost, with that slight milky undertone with that warm, aromatic coffee flavor. And of course, there’s a chocolate crust because chocolate + coffee = BFFs. Like the Rachel and Ryan of the food world (and yes, I’m still holding out for Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams to rekindle their love. I’LL WAIT FOREVER FOR YOU, RYRA.)
Making this pie is a cinch. Just whisk together some cold brew coffee, a little milk and some instant pudding mix into a bowl until it’s nice and thick. I also added in some Nielsen-Massey Pure Coffee Extract because I really wanted to drive home the coffee flavor. This extract is a total must-have if you want a delicious coffee flavor in your baked goods, and it really ramps up the flavor here.
Once the mixture is good and thick, fold in some Cool Whip. I know, some of you detest the stuff but man, there’s no substitute for it. It’s more stable than whipped cream so I like it for no-bake pies like this. Once it’s good and combined, pour it into the prepared Oreo pie crust.
Then you must wait for it to chill. It’s excruciating, I know, but if you don’t let it chill, it will be a disastrous mess. Trust.
Once it’s sufficiently chilled, it’s time for EATING, Y’ALL. Pipe on some whipped cream if ya fancy, and add some dark chocolate-coated espresso beans for a fancy schmancy garnish. Voila!
Coffee lovahs, this one’s for you!
*adapted from my Root Beer Float Pie recipe
- 1 (3.4 oz) box INSTANT vanilla pudding mix
- ¾ cup cold brew coffee (any brand is fine, but please make sure it's sweetened. I used Starbucks)
- ½ cup milk or cream
- 1 Tbsp pure coffee extract (or less if you want a less strong coffee flavor)
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 prepared Oreo cookie crust
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Dark chocolate-covered espresso beans, for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the instant pudding dry mix, the cold brew coffee, the milk and the coffee extract. Whisk until combined and slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Fold in the Cool Whip completely, making sure to get the bottom!
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust and smooth out the top. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, pipe on whipped cream and garnish with dark chocolate-covered espresso beans. Cut into wedges and serve!
I think you guys are going to love this Cold Brew Coffee Pie! Serve it up with a glass of iced coffee, natch. 🙂
Have a super sweet day!
*Note: the above Amazon link is not an affiliate link