Everyone’s had a peanut butter blossom cookie, but have you tried Peanut Butter Blossom Blondies?! These are so much easier than dropping cookies and make for gooey, fudgy bars!
I don’t know about you, but peanut butter blossoms are some of my favorite cookies.
A soft and chewy peanut butter cookie topped with a solid chocolate Kiss candy… just perfection!
I know they’re kind of Christmas-y, or at least, they’re popular at Christmastime in the Parker household. But I figured since they’re made with Kisses and Valentine’s Day is coming up… well, you can do the math 🙂
I found the idea for these from my friend Ashley over at Baker by Nature, and because I was pondering ways to make these cookies into bars. Personally, bars are one of my favorite things to make because they’re such a cinch – throw the ingredients into the pan and bake! No dropping, rolling, or cutting anything out, and certainly no waiting for batches to finish before you can put another pan in. Not even a dough chilling!
And these could not be more simple, I promise! Made in one bowl, baked in one pan, mixed with one spatula. See? I told you this was already easier than the cookie version!
To make these, simply melt some butter. You can do this in the microwave, or on the stove – whichever you prefer. I honestly alternate, as sometimes I feel like I’d rather cook it on the stove, or perhaps my microwave’s being used.
Whisk some brown sugar and peanut butter into the melted butter, followed by eggs, vanilla, and your dry ingredients. Pour the mixture into a foil-lined & greased pan, scatter sugar over the top, and bake! Once it’s baked, take it out of the oven and dot the top with those adorable baby Kisses candies.
And then try not to freak out over their cuteness!
(By the way – these are BABY Hershey’s Kisses. I found them in the baking aisle (near the chocolate chips!) at Target. They’re seriously like half the size of a regular Hershey Kiss candy and they come unwrapped… and are perfect for baking. If you cannot find them, simply use regular Hershey’s Kisses!)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- Hershey's Miniature Kisses (available in the baking aisle at Target stores. If you cannot find these unwrapped mini Kisses, use regular unwrapped Kisses or even chocolate chunks)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13" rectangular pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In in medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Whisk in the brown sugar until combined and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the creamy peanut butter, followed by the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla. Whisk in the dry ingredients until a thick, smooth batter comes together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top liberally with the white sugar. Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes, then dot the top with the miniature Hershey's Kisses or chocolate chunks. Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Fudgy, peanut butter & brown sugary goodness topped with a crisp, crackly sugar topping and adorable miniature Kisses. These can’t get any better!
Have a super sweet day!