These Oreo Pudding Cookies are a fantastic new twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie! The pudding mix inside makes the cookies super soft and chewy!
I’ve officially been in my apartment for one month now!
And y’all – I didn’t know how bad I needed this apartment, but I am so glad to be here.
Having my own space is life-changing. I love that my house stays clean when I clean it, and I love that I can design it my own way, burn my own smelly candles, watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians without a disappointed glare from my parents, and not have to share my food.
In other words, I’m still in the honeymoon stage. I’m not at the point where I’m hating anything or something’s on the fritz. And I’m going to try to stay in this honeymoon stage as looooong as possible 🙂
When I first moved in, I wanted to bake something for the neighbors in my building as a thanks for being patient while I make a ton of noise, and I figured cookies were a good way to introduce myself. The only thing was, I didn’t want to make my regular chocolate chip cookie recipe because it required chilling and I still had a lot of errands to run for things I forgot to get before moving.
It was then that I discovered a lone box of Oreo instant pudding mix and a bag of mini Oreos in a moving box and knew I could easily transform that tasty pudding into a pudding COOKIE. AKA, the easiest cookies ever… AKA, the softest cookies in the world.
If you’re wondering if you can substitute the pudding for something else in this recipe, the answer is a big fat NO. These are called pudding cookies. There are no substitutions! If you don’t want to make these, try my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies (the link’s above!) for a more traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe.
You can however, substitute the Oreo pudding mix for regular instant vanilla pudding mix. Some stores carry the Oreo pudding all the time, and other times it’s hard to find. Regular instant vanilla pudding mix will work in a pinch if you cannot find the Oreo mix!
This recipe is structured exactly like chocolate chip cookies but with the must-have addition of pudding mix, which gives the cookies an amazingly light and fluffy texture and makes them SUPER soft & chewy. And if they last that long in your house, they’ll stay so soft for days. Me? I had to get rid of these as soon as I made them… to very happy neighbors 🙂
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 & ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- One 4.2 ounce box INSTANT dry Oreo pudding mix (if you cannot find this Oreo pudding mix, simply substitute with a 3.4 ounce box instant dry vanilla or French vanilla pudding mix)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup mini Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper; set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer until combined and creamy, about 1 minute. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, followed by the vanilla extract. Beat in the baking soda, salt, flour, and dry pudding mix until a soft dough comes together. Lastly, beat in the chocolate chips and crushed mini Oreo cookies on low-speed until just combined.
- Drop heaping, rounded Tablespoon-sized balls of dough 2" apart on the baking sheets. Bake for approx. 8-10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking time to ensure even cooking. Cool completely on the sheets before storing, or eat while still warm!
Of course, the flavor is phenomenal – that sweet vanilla Oreo filling swirled throughout with big chunks of chocolaty cookies – but my favorite part about these cookies is that they’re made SUPER QUICK – no chilling required! Let’s raise a cookie and glass of milk to that!
Have a super sweet day!