I am seriously still in awe that 2017 is just about here. It just seems so crazy to me!
With 2017 comes a brand new crop of recipes from yours truly, a brand new cookbook (!!!), and probably some more stuff that I don’t know of yet because I cannot predict the future. But if you ask me, a bunch of new recipes and a new cookbook sounds just about perfect!
On The Domestic Rebel, 2016 brought a lot of wonderful recipes to your kitchens, if I do say so myself. I tried some brand new things (divinity from scratch!) and revamped some old recipes from the archives to make them bigger, better, and more bad-ass. 🙂
So without further adieu, here are the TOP 10 recipes from 2016!
10. Buttercream Frosting Fudge – This fudge was a revamp of an old recipe I posted years ago. Ultra sweet and flavored just like buttercream icing, it quickly became a new favorite for my readers. Whip it up for a frosting fan and change out the sprinkles for birthdays, game day, Valentine’s Day, and more!
9. Rice Krispy Treat No-Bake Cheesecake – this is probably one of my favorite recipes of this year! It only looks complicated, but I promise it’s actually quite simple, if not a little labor intensive. But the flavor payoff is more than worth it! Creamy, marshmallow-y cheesecake and a Rice Krispy Treat crust. There’s nothing quite like it!
8. Pecan Praline Pie Bark – My Dad flips for this recipe! It tastes like caramel, pecan pralines and pecan pie wrapped in one easy to make (and even easier to eat) treat! Perfect for gift-giving or hoarding yourself, it’s one of my favorite things to whip up when I’m craving that perfect sweet & salty bite.
7. Cold Brew Coffee Pie – Okay, I admit! This is probably my favorite recipe this year (besides #2!). And if I say so myself, it is kind of a genius recipe! 🙂 (Okay, so I’m not the most modest. I’ll work on that in 2017). If you love coffee, this is a must try! It tastes JUST like a frozen coffee and is absolutely PERFECT on a hot summer’s day!
6. Thick & Chewy Monster Cookies – If you’re a cookie fan, these are ones you’ll have to give a try! SUPER THICK, ultra chewy and LOADED with peanut butter, oats, and miniature M&M’s for lots of flavor, texture, and a little crunch. These are the type of cookies you’ll find in a bakery, only they’re made at home!
5. The Best Pumpkin Bread – One of the easiest recipes that yields nearly fool-proof results, this Best-Ever Pumpkin Bread is amazing! Moist, fluffy, soft and chock-full of pumpkin flavor, it has just the right amount of spice and would be an excellent base for a slathering of softened butter, peanut butter, or even Nutella!
4. Maple Caramel Bacon Crack Bites – A bite-sized version of the famous Maple Caramel Bacon Crack, these bites are meant for parties. They’re the perfect balance of sweet and salty, with a little hint of smokiness from the bacon. They can be easily doubled or tripled, are surprisingly simple to make and are always the first to go. May I recommend making them for NYE!?
3. No-Bake Eggnog Cream Pie – I was a little surprised this was on the list since I only just posted it, but apparently you guys have an affinity for eggnog and easy recipes, so it’s no surprise after all that this guy made it! Made with a few simple ingredients you probably have on hand, this pie is creamy, dreamy and totally heavenly for any eggnog lover! Make it while the stores still have eggnog on sale!
2. The BEST Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies – These bad boys truly are the ULTIMATE!! Filled to the brim with flavor, they’re soft and chewy in the middle but have slightly crisp outer edges for a wonderful balance of texture. There’s a secret ingredient in the cookie dough that really makes these cookies POP.
1. Easy Homemade Divinity – And the top recipe of 2016 is… this Easy Homemade Divinity! I only posted it in November, but it kind of skyrocketed to become the top recipe of this year and for good reason: it’s surprisingly simple for being homemade, and it yields such a beautiful candy. Melt-in-your-mouth, chewy, almost like a cross between nougat and fudge. It’s totally unique, and totally #1 for a reason!
So… did YOUR favorite recipe of 2016 make the list?! Is there a recipe you think deserves to be in this Top 10?! Let me know in the comments!
Have a super happy, healthy, and fantastic New Year’s Eve, and I’ll see ya in 2017!
Have a super sweet weekend,