This Margarita Cheesecake Pie is to-die for. For reals.
Cinco de Mayo is tomorrow and I figured I was better late than never with this recipe. I knew that after trying my No-Bake Pink Lemonade Cheesecake Pie that I had to make a margarita version and here it is. Creamy, luscious, sweet and tart and just packed with a margarita punch. And non-drinkers, hath no fear – it is non-alcoholic.
Though if you’re a daredevil like myself, spiking it is recommended. I don’t tequila-discriminate.
My mom loves sour stuff. Sweet Tarts and the sour Jelly Bellies are one of her favorite things. I, however, cannot stand sour candy. Gummy worms – the ones that were once sour in a past life but are now a whisper of sour – are the only “sour” I can tolerate. Anything else is off-limits.
So you’d think that my mom would love margaritas, what with their sour punch and extreme tartness. But no, she hates margaritas with an intense passion. The woman who shoves a whole lime in her Corona, the woman who will eat Sweet Tarts until her tongue swells, the woman who loves sour candy with a fiery passion hates margaritas.
Did I mention she’s also allergic to cucumbers but not pickles? She is a strange, strange woman indeed.
I, for one, enjoy margaritas despite my typical anti-sour attitude. I kind of enjoy the puckery punch that the fresh lime has and the kick from the tequila. And this is precisely one of the reasons why I devoured this pie faster than you can say “tequila shots.”
That, and because it was 99 degrees F on Friday. NINETY-NINE. That is so foul, y’all. So I was taking alllllll the chill I could get, and this pie offered plenty of that iciness I craved on that hot day.
[And PLEASE don’t tell me 99 degrees isn’t hot. What kind of world do you live in if 99 degrees F. isn’t hot!? Whatever it is, I do not want to live in it.]
Er. I already did. Oops.
*adapted from my No Bake Pink Lemonade Cheesecake Pie Recipe
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz frozen margarita mix, somewhat thawed
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Zest of one lime
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- Sparkling sugar, optional but recommended for crunch and a cute "salt" appearance
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, margarita mix, and condensed milk with a handheld electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Continue beating for about 2 minutes or until creamy and smooth.
- Spoon in the Cool Whip and lime zest and beat to combine. Continue beating for about 2-3 minutes or until mixture is thick and fluffy. Mixture will continue to thicken as you whip it.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and smooth out the top. Immediately freeze for up to 4-6 hours or overnight (overnight recommended) before cutting into slices. Garnish with the sparkling sugar right before serving. This is best served straight from the freezer or slightly thawed.
I love the appearance of the sparkling sugar “salt” on top of each piece of this luscious, creamy pie. It’s packed with that punch of lime thanks to the non-alcoholic margarita mix and has plenty of that sweet-tart flavor you crave from a frosty, marg-on-the-rocks.
*Want to add tequila? Add about 1 shot’s worth in when you mix the condensed milk, cream cheese and margarita mix.*
*Cutting calories? Make this with fat-free or reduced-fat cream cheese, fat-free sweetened condensed milk, and Cool Whip Free or sugar-free Cool Whip.*