Today, I’m super excited to bring you this Strawberries & Cream Sheet Cake! Not only is it a delicious cake bursting with strawberry flavor and a creamy whipped topping, it’s also pink for breast cancer awareness, just in time for Mother’s Day.
I’ve teamed up with KitchenAid and their Cook For The Cure program, which since partnering with Susan G. Komen 14 years ago, has raised over $10 million dollars and counting by encouraging passionate cooks to channel their love for cooking into a way to raise a breast cancer cure. That’s a ton of money, and they’re still growing every day! Click here to find out more about KitchenAid’s initiative with Susan G. Komen and for more information about Cook For The Cure.
In the meantime – this cake! It’s fabulous and it’s made with the brand new, limited edition, not-yet-released KitchenAid Pink Polka Dot Ceramic Bowl which fits on KitchenAid’s stand mixers. This bowl not only is adorable, it’s heavy-duty and serves as the vessel to whip up this fabulously moist and fluffy strawberry cake!
*This bowl will be available in early September, so keep your eyes peeled for it. In the meantime, shop KitchenAid’s Pink Collection to show your support.*
Together, if we raise enough awareness, we can end breast cancer for men and women and I passionately believe this to be true. This is why I knew I had to create a pink dessert to show support and keep awareness of this disease alive, so enter my Strawberries & Cream Sheet Cake! It’s moist, fluffy, light and delicious and packed with strawberry flavor. The cool creamy whipped topping on top seals the deal and takes this cake to new heights of magic.
And everyone needs a little magic in their life, right?
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 box strawberries & cream instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 13x9" baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your KitchenAid Stand Mixer, beat together the cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water and pudding mix with the paddle attachment until combined, about 2 minutes. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for approx. 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Once cake has cooled, mix the Cool Whip with the vanilla extract vigorously. Spread over the cooled cake in an even layer. Allow Cool Whip to set, about 15 minutes in fridge, before cutting into slices to serve. Garnish with strawberries if you'd like.
This cake is super moist, thanks to the sour cream and pudding mix, and packed with sweet strawberry flavor. I prefer it chilled so it’s super cold and creamy. You’ll love this easy cake!
Have a delicious day!!
In the interest of full disclosure, I was generously provided with a KitchenAid Polka Dot Ceramic Bowl to review as part of their Cook For The Cure initiative. All opinions expressed are my own and I was not otherwise compensated for this post.