I loveeeeee me some Little Debbie snacks! Nutty Bars, Cloud Cakes, Star Crunch… you name it, I’ve eaten it. And grew up eating it! My childhood fondly included snacking on Nutty Bars during the summertime, getting my fingers melty with chocolate and peanut butter. Or picking off all of the rainbow bits on my Cosmic Brownies before savoring each fudgy bite.
Little Debbie recently emailed me and asked me if I would so kindly sample their new Cosmic Cupcakes, I jumped at the chance! Sample a brand spankin’ new Little Debbie product? Twist my arm
These Cosmic Cupcakes are the cupcake (duh) form of their classic Cosmic Brownies. Moist chocolate cupcakes topped with a fudgy chocolate ganache and rainbow bits with a sweet and fluffy cream center in the middle.
Y’all. They are on point. Forreal, I was shoveling them in as if they were going outta style. Even my normal chocolate-neutral family was eating cupcake after cupcake. They’re SO GOOD. We even like them cold! And they’re practically required with a tall glass of milk!
Plus, to help launch the Cosmic Cupcakes and to prepare for summertime (read: tons of camping!), Little Debbie is throwing a fun Spring Into The Great Outdoors contest where they’re giving away The Ultimate Family Campsite, valued at over $1,750! The more chances you enter, the more chances there are to win! Little Debbie is also giving away weekly prizes, too, so be sure to enter for one of the First or Runner-Up prizes! Be sure to visit HERE to enter to win!!
Now.. onto these Cosmic Cupcakes. While they’re scrumptious on their own, I concocted an evil-genius plan to use ’em up involving ice cream. This homemade ice cream is FOUR ingredients (including the Cosmic Cupcakes!!) and is made in just a few hours. Better yet, make it first thing in the morning and you’ll be having cake cones piled high with this creamy, dreamy ice cream by dinnertime.
Pardon me while I drool everywhere.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup chocolate sundae sauce
- 1 box (6 cupcakes) Little Debbie Cosmic Cupcakes, roughly chopped
- Sprinkles, optional
- First, place the roughly chopped pieces of the Cosmic Cupcakes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Briefly freeze the cupcake pieces for about 10 minutes or until firm, and freeze the stand mixer bowl as well (stainless steel) or pop in the fridge (glass) so it's chilled.
- Once the bowl is chilled, attach it back to your stand mixer and add the heavy cream. Using a wire whisk attachment, whip the cream on high speed until fluffy and stiff peaks have formed, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate syrup. Gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture, about 5 good turns or until combined. You don't want to stir too much or it will deflate your whipped cream, so try to combine it as best and gently as possible. Lightly stir in the frozen chunks of the Cosmic Cupcakes.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe plastic container and freeze for 6 hours or overnight (overnight recommended) until ice cream is firm. Top the ice cream with sprinkles, if you'd like. Serve!
I love this super creamy ice cream! Not only is it light and airy, but it’s filled with those delectable chunks of Cosmic Cupcakes! I love taking a bite of a soft chunk of chocolate cake and getting that surprise pocket of fluffy marshmallow filling swirled inside of the ice cream. I also love that the ice cream base isn’t necessarily chocolate — the chocolate syrup helps give it a chocolate undertone but almost makes it taste like chocolate whipped cream! This is seriously my new favorite ice cream and a great way to use the new Little Debbie Cosmic Cupcakes… if you don’t eat them plain first
Have a fantastical day!
I was generously provided with Little Debbie’s new Cosmic Cupcakes to review. I was not monetarily compensated for this post and my opinions are 100% my own.