First of all, today’s post is one of the TASTIEST cookies you’ll EVER eat. Why? A) because it’s a monster cookie — in both type and size. If you’ve never had a monster cookie, y’all need to step up your game. Monster cookies are chewy, sweet and salty — a peanut butter oatmeal cookie base usually studded with M&M’s, chocolate or butterscotch chips. Amazing!; and B) because it’s DEEP DISH which automatically kicks up the awesomeness factor by eleventy percent.
Pretty much everything tastes better deep dish. The sides (crust) get chewy with a nice little crunch, but the inside stays fluffy and gooey and ABSOLUTELYPERFECT and I wish I could take a swan dive right into the underbaked belly of this fantastical dessert.
As for the giveaway? I am excited to introduce you to Corningware’s new line, CW by Corningware! This brand new product line features modern, contemporary designs of dishes and bake-ware with a wide variety of assorted styles and pieces for your specific needs. Not only that, but the CW by Corningware line boasts fun, vibrant colors so you can mix and match, and the pieces easily nest together for compact storage — no overstuffed cupboards here (yay!) They’re wonderful for entertaining since they already look classy, fun and bright, and they’re heavy-duty as well — durable stoneware that is oven, microwave and dishwasher-safe. So basically, they’re magic dishes.
Corningware sent me these BEAUTIFUL pieces and I couldn’t wait to bake with them! I was inspired to bake something fun and colorful after looking at the gorgeous array of colors & sizes they’d sent me: Twilight, a small 20 ounce baker; Pool and Sprout, two 1.5 quart bakers (for which I made this scrumptious cookie!); and Curry, a large 3 quart baker which would be perfect for serving up casseroles or making a family-size version of this cookie. Aren’t the colors phenomenal?
If you’d like to win your very own set of CW by Corningware bakers, just answer this simple question in the comments section: what would YOU make with your new set of CW by Corningware dishes? Casseroles? Deep dish cookies? Cakes? Roast chicken? Tell me! I’ll randomly select a winner on 4/19.
So with these bright, festive colors in mind I whipped up this sinfully delicious, uber-gooey Deep Dish Monster Cookie that I know you and your family will flip for!
*cookie recipe adapted from Lindsay’s bars
- 2 & ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 &1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature M&M's
- 13 Reese's Cups Minis (the snack size, not the really itty bitty ones)
- Hot fudge sauce, caramel sauce, ice cream, nuts, cherries, etc., optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a quart-size ovenproof baker (like this by Corningware) or an ovenproof cast-iron skillet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients together and set aside. Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar and peanut butter until creamy and combined. Gradually add in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
- Gradually add in the flour/oat mixture, about a cup at a time, until fully incorporated. Lastly, gently stir in the miniature M&M's to combine.
- Press HALF of the dough mixture into the prepared dish. Gently press an unwrapped Reese's cup into the dough, arranged in a row pattern -- I did four on top, five in middle, four on bottom. Cover the Reese's cups with the remaining dough.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown in color and the center isn't super jiggly. Allow the cookie to cool for about 15 minutes before dressing it up as you'd like. This is best served warm or at room temperature, and leftovers can be stored airtight in the fridge for about 3 days.
This cookie is fantastic — not only will it feed a crowd, it totally hits that sweet spot. Salty, crunchy, hearty and gooey, you won’t be able to pass up this phenomenal dessert!!
Have a delicous day!