Those tender, delectable cookies made of — duh, sugar — and creamed butter, baked up nice and golden? Soft & chewy, occasionally with the crisped up edges. Or rolled out and decorated beautifully in adorable characters or shapes. The sugar cookie is pretty dang versatile and popular, which is why you probably knew everything I just said, smartypants.
But do you guys know what Zulka Sugar is? Zulka Sugar is a family-owned company dedicated to producing natural sugar through environmentally-friendly & responsible cane production. Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar, the most popular (and the one used in these bars) is minimally processed and comes straight from freshly-harvested sugar canes. Because Zulka Sugar is never refined, you can taste the freshness, quality and real flavor and properties of the sugar cane naturally without all the additional processing. The result is a better-tasting sugar that is sure to make any dish stand out (sweet!). Plus, it’s GMO-free and overall has a better taste and texture than regular table sugar. It’s pretty much like a super ninja sugar, if you ask me.
Plus, Zulka now comes in new varieties, like Brown Sugar (YES PLEASE!), Powdered Sugar (perfect for buttercream!) and their special Picante Sugar, for those of us who are sweet and spicy. But today, the main star of this sweet treat is, of course, Zulka’s Morena Pure Cane Sugar. Guys — you really have to taste these bars to believe it, but they are SO delicious when made with Zulka! You can really taste the hearty, natural & rich difference that pure, unprocessed cane sugar has which is important since these bars are SUGAR after all!
Soooooooo I don’t know what you’re waiting for. Whyyyy aren’t you making these yet?!
*slightly adapted from Six Sister’s Stuff
- 2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cups rainbow sprinkles or jimmies
- Vanilla Buttercream (either homemade or canned works just fine!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a large 13×18″ pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the softened butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in the flour, about a cup at a time, and the baking soda and salt until fully incorporated. Stir in the white chocolate chips and a large heaping of the jimmies.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan and bake for approx. 15-20 minutes or until the edges begin to slightly pull away from the pan and the top is lightly golden and set. Cool the bars completely in the pan.
- Once bars are cool, frost the bars with desired buttercream (canned or homemade, if you’d like). Sprinkle copiously with remaining jimmies or non-pareils. Cut into bars and serve!
My mom is a HUGE sugar cookie fan and requests I make them all the time. However, I haaaaate rolling out the dough, cutting it into shapes and spending all that time icing and decorating. It’s an all-day project and ain’t nobody got time for dat. These Softest Sugar Cookie Bars are the perfect time-saving solution for when you get a sugar cookie craving. My mom loved these and everyone agreed that we noticed a better tasting product thanks to Zulka Pure Cane Sugar!
To find out more about Zulka, be sure to visit their website for recipes & more! You can also connect with them on Pinterest,Facebook & Twitter. Juuuuust sayin’, these would make a fabulous and FAST last-minute Valentine’s Day gift!
Have a scrumptious day!
In the interest of full disclosure, I was generously provided with some Zulka Sugar to review. The recipe and my opinions are entirely my own and I was not otherwise compensated for this post.