HOW are we already through half of the month of September?!
And how did I manage to squeak by August without a favorites post?! I should be fired from this job.
Without further adieu..
1. A few weeks ago on Instagram I shared a picture of me holding up a bottle of foundation primer and telling you guys I am the shade of the primer #palegirlproblems. Anywhooooo, later that day I went to the mall and found this foundation which is basically a pale girl’s dream come friggin’ true. If you share Casper-white, computer-paper skin like I do, the ‘Ivory–I’m Pure For Sure’ is your shade — I promise! Usually the fairest foundation is a good 2-3 skin tones darker than I actually am, so I look offensive to the eyes. But Benefit’s Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow is seriously perf. It goes on super lightweight, stays put all day, looks realistic–NOT cakey, and blends seamlessly. Plus, it has SPF. Sold.
2. DUUUUHHOOOOOOOOD. After spotting this (and buying four — yes, four), I am convinced Ben and/or Jerry live in my head and spy on my dreams. THIS ICE CREAM IS LIFE.
3. If you know me, you know I quote this movie on the reg. It’s one of my favorites of all time. Why’d ya have to die, Brittany Murphy? Way harsh, Tai.
4. It’s baaaaaaaack. Some people were swiggin’ haterade on these candies last year, but personally, I loved the slight green apple flavor. It tasted so good and fresh next to the gooey caramel and milky chocolate. Plus, it gives you reason to make this…
5. A couple nights ago, my family and I went out to a little town close by called Folsom (you may have heard of it in a famous Johnny Cash song). We went to this local tavern called Sam Horne’s and I have to say, it was probably the best burger I think I’ve ever put in my pie-hole. Like, ever-ever. I got the Nutcase, which is a burger topped with the thickest bacon in the universe, a crispy raw red onion and.. *drumroll* peanut butter. It. Was. PHENOM, y’all. Peanut butter is my new favorite burger condiment.
It reminds me of my buddy Tieghan’s bacon/pb burger she posted not too long ago…
…and is having me crave it alllll over again. I hope you’re proud of me, T!
6. In recent years I have become more interested in horror movies which is strange because before recently, I would seriously need diapers in order to get through the opening credits of most scary flicks. I am DYYIIIING to see the new Insidious 2 movie because the first was SO GOOD. Does anyone else like scary movies? Any other Insidious fans out there? WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH THE NAKED OLD MAN IN THE TRAILER?! Why is that grimacing creepy face in the window holding what appears to be a Chipotle burrito? I NEED TO KNOOOOOOOOW.
7. Have you tried the new Chocolate Chai Tea at Starbucks? It’s my new fave! Cinnamon and chocolate are one of my favorite flavor combinations — I love the warm, complex richness cinnamon lends the already-sweet chocolate. Makes me want to slurp one of those chais down with a handful of cookies…
One of my favorite cookie recipes–plush, mocha-infused cookies topped with a decadent, fluffy Kahlua frosting.
What are some of your September favorites?! Links are welcome!
Have a fantastic day!