Hey friends, it’s Friday! Which means it’s only Thursday for me, but such is life *sigh*.
I have today & tomorrow to get through work and then I’m ready to reeeelax. I know I say that every weekend but it’s about freakin’ time I actually do it, capiche?
This week, alllllll this happened:
I told you weird things about me.
And how I publicly humiliated myself.
I confessed deep, dark secrets.
And made you get me.
I talked of my irks with Halloween.
And OMG, remember that time I copped out on a recipe? Yeah.
Devil’s Food Cake Rice Krispies from Something Swanky
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Banana Cream Cookies from Chef In Training
Apple Pie Danish from Chocolate, Chocolate & More Chocolate
Espresso Brownies from Tutti Dolci
Cookie Butter Doughnuts from Savory Simple
Little Debbie Pumpkin Pie Cake Pops from Pint Sized Baker
So okay, I know this blog is dominantly food & I have all of two crafts on here. But I am a girly girl and I love things like candles and clothes and makeup and dude, I hate to be the bratty kid but this is my blog and I want to share some of my favorites lately. No, they’re not edible.
1. Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 Moisturizer. I’m obsessed with this stuff. I got it free on Earth Day and am in love. It’s super lightweight for the hot summer and still-warm fall, keeps my skin soft & supple and goes on sheer. Fun fact: I don’t wear foundation. Never have. Instead, I put this on and call it a day. SPF is my foundation!
2. Mahogany Teakwood Candle. K. I know I mentioned this last Friday, but words cannot describe the amazingness of this candle. It’s like a man’s cologne. A sexy man. And I need a stockpile of these fo lyfe.
3. Betseyville Gia Ruffle Boots. Betsey Johnson, my IDOL of all idols, now has a mini accessory line at JCPenney. How cool is that?! I am beeeeyond stoked and I totally am drooling over these boots. They’re $60, which is a steal in my eyes, and have that adorable ruffle along the back. Too cute!!
4. BP Rhinestone & Sparkle Necklace. I’ve always loved Nordstrom’s junior line, BP, because it’s affordable and fashionable. This necklace is totally badass and right up my alley! Spikes and sparkles? Can it get any better?! (Yes, it can. It’s $24).
5. Can’t put a price tag on happiness. A couple days ago, Jessie surprised me with this gorg bouquet of daisies, Gerbera daisies (my fave!) and some dahlias. Totally gorgeous!
6. Stylin’ poochie. Manniepoo got himself a knitted scarf from my sister, Chloe. While I don’t put clothing on him, I am a fan of bandannas. And now, scarves. Dying of cuteness.
7. This week, Dorothy and I hit up another Happy Hour. She may not have noticed, but I have eyes for these things from being a creepy voyeur, but there was totally a table of dudes a few feet away who were checking us out. I mean, they totally should have bought us another round of drinks, but they were obvi too lame and intimidated by our crazy-hotness to do anything but stare in between bites of fried green tomatoes. Obvi.
8. Those of you who read earlier this week about my whole cheating-on-my-grocery-store situation will know, but I went to Walmart this week to buy just my baking stuff. Since I went at a weirdo time, I didn’t see any of my Walmart “buddies” but I feel like they weren’t that good of pals in the first place since they’re not even doing a search and rescue. I mean, I was there EVERY FRIDAY at 6am for like, two and a half years. Whyyy they haven’t begged for my forgiveness already is totally beyond me.
9. Also: if you’ve been living under a rock lately, you *may* not have noticed my updates about Online BlogCon. If you’ve ever dreamed of wearing your pajamas to a blog conference in a faraway land but couldn’t because A) wearing pjs in public is frowned upon, and B) blog conferences are too expensive, then Online BlogCon is for you. It’s an online blog conference taking place between October 22-24. Registration is $15 and comes with a ton of amazeballs perks like awesome freebies and giveaways (a spankin’ new Kindle Fire, anyone??), as well as insider information from some of your favorite superstar bloggers. It’s a great way to meet people, ask questions, gain insight and have fun, all from the comfort of your own home and own time. Register now, y’all!