Howdy doody, friends!
Before I begin my usual shenanigans, I’d like to direct your attention to that redonkulously sexy looking cake up there ^. You can find the recipe over at Back For Seconds, where I’m guest posting for today.
If you’ve never been to Back For Seconds blog, you need to check her out. She’s got insaaaanely yummy stuff like Single Serving Skinny Apple Pie and Samoas Bars. I meeeean, she should be your new best friend, if we’re being honest.
Whatcha waiting for? Pop on over for the recipe for this Toffee Apple Cake and say hello to her for me while she’s hanging out with Mickey and Minnie
This week, I baked my brains out.
I actually ate brains. Of zombies. Zombie Truffles.
I made some creepy cool donuts and hosted another fun donut giveaway. Enter by 5pm tonight!
I stuffed some fall goodness into some unsuspecting cookies.
I made slime cute.
I showed everyone the softer side of peanut butter cookies.
And I topped cookies with cookie dough. Need I say more?
BlogLand was baking, but maybe not with brains. Still, check out this yumminess:
Sweet & Salty Potato Chip Toffee Cookies from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Funfetti Cake Batter Pies from Crazy For Crust
Fluffernutter Oatmeal Cookies from Something Swanky
Salted Caramel Chocolates from Heather’s French Press
Biscoff Buckeyes from Bake Your Day
Toffee Apple Pie Cookies from Inside BruCrew Life
1. Last weekend was busy, busy. Not at all the “relaxing” weekend I had planned. I spent 6 hours straight (!!) baking my little heart out. And then I promptly collapsed, excited to relax.. until I realized I needed to photograph and blog everything.
2. No, I’ve not gotten around to reading my novel, why do you ask??
3. However, I did manage to squeeze some time in to make this creepytastic Halloween wreath!
If you guys didn’t know, I’m kinda sorta obsessed with making wreaths. This was my first Halloween one and it was SO fun to make! I got all my picks and embellishments at Michael’s and was able to use a 50% off a single item coupon and 20% off my entire purchase coupon, too. Score! So this puppy was made roughly under $25 thanks to those coupons.
2. My sister, Chloe, makes bows (if you didn’t already know) and has been sewing up some seriously adorable Halloween bows. They’re all available for sale at her store, Bows To Go, and all under $5. Here’s a sneak peek at one of my faves.
3. Do you know Dorothy? She’s one of my real-life and bloggy best friends and today is her birthday! Eeeeek!! Be sure to pop on over and wish her a happy birthday!!
4. It’s finally starting to cool down here and I’m SO EXCITED. While blogland has been filled with Instagrammed pictures of boots and scarves, I am trying to contain my outrageous jealousy. And now I can almost feel the boots on my feet. Just a couple more weeks and I’ll be sitting pretty in chunky sweaters, fashionable scarves and motorcycle boots. Yay me.
5. I need to take a poll (hey, Jenney, if you’re reading this, scroll on down!). I’ve been invited to a one year old boy named Cooper’s birthday party next weekend. Haaaaaalllp. What do you get a one year old?! When I asked my parents, they told me “a box” and that “kids love boxes.” I shot them a dirty look and imagined myself giving him a box. Then I imagined myself being unfriended by Jenney. So, help me??
6. A few days ago I stopped by Bath & Body Works (irresistible during this time of year) and picked up some sampler fall candles. OH. MY. GAWD, I am stupidly OB.SESSEDDDD with their new flavor, Mahogany Teakwood. It smells woodsy and sexy, like the sexiest lumberjack you’ve ever seen. Or something. Anyway, I need a lifetime supply puhlease and thank you.
Well, I think that does it for this week. Besides baking (per usual), I have no other plans this weekend, so what are your weekend plans?
Catch ya later!