Yay, it’s Friday!
Usually, the week flies by pretty quickly for me with work and blogging, but this week, it couldn’t go by fast enough so I could sink my teeth into the weekend. Why? Because I have a little something called “New Book Syndrome.” It happens when you get an awesome new book by your fave author of all time and want so desperately to read it in some freakin’ peace and quiet.
For me, that new book is Tilt by Ellen Hopkins. Have you read her stuff? TRULY INCREDIBLE. No other words. Also, the antithesis of uplifting, so if heavy teenage problems ain’t yo thang, my next suggestion would be picking up a lighter read, such as Goodnight Moon or perhaps The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar.
Moving on! This week, I baked up a storm.
I paired caramel and cinnamon into one fantastic snickerdoodle.
I ruined a pumpkin pie‘s day.
I bred owls into cookies. Okay, not really. But kinda.
And I went all rebellious on you and whipped up a seasonless
Other bakers were busy this week, too.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Apple Fritters from Buns in my Oven
Graveyard Pudding from Make. Bake. Celebrate.
Cake Batter Bark Blondies from Lemons For Lulu
Chocolate Caramel Marshmallow Cookies from Kitchen Meets Girl
This Week, I…
1. Got Happy Hour with Dorothy. It was fun to get out, just us girls, and have some appetizers and drinks. And guilt-free shopping
2. Have you registered for Online BlogCon yet? If not, you need to!! Here’s what’s up: Online BlogCon was created by Dorothy and Ashton with the idea that since blog conferences are typically so expensive (registration costs, airfare, hotels, and the like) it’s not always feasible for you to drop everything, give away your left lung, and make it to each and every one. Online BlogCon is exactly that–online–so you don’t need to leave your house or your jammies. Registration is $15, but for that, you’ll get three days (October 22-24) of access to knowledgeable guest speakers, networking with sponsors and other bloggers, potential local meet-and-greets, and fun prizes and giveaways. It’s an awesome concept, and I’d love to chit chat with you there!!
3. However, speaking of blog conferences, I am going to BlogHer Food ’13 in Austin and would love love love! to meet some of you there if you plan on going. I hear Austin has great food
4. I have been baking a lot lately (let’s just call it therapeutic baking) and I’ve found I have a backlog of posts and only seven days in the week to post. *sigh* Looks like we may double-post!
5. Plus, with Halloween approaching swiftly (okay, still a month+ away, but for me, it’s practically tomorrow), there will be a multitude of gross, creepy and spooky treats coming your way. Break out the black sugar and Reese’s pumpkins.
6. UGH, speaking of which: last week I was all hell-bent on making my own Reese’s PB pumpkins. Everything was going fine + dandy until my chocolate starting being super temperamental. I didn’t burn it or anything, and did it how I normally do it 374682467834 times before, but it turned out so annoying and gross. So did like, three other dishes I made. One of the lame things about blogging: not being a perfect superhero baker all the time. #egocheck
Anyway, I’m off to read and preheat my oven. I’ve got tons of treats lined up next week, including another fun giveaway, so stay tuned!
Have a great weekend!! What are your plans??