Welcome to the Friday Roundup! For today’s schedule, we’ll be going over some awesome Back to School treats for your kiddos to enjoy during this exciting time for both parents and students.
(I am not a parent, but even I am excited for kids to go back to school, my siblings included. Less crowds at the mall on weekdays).
This roundup is both a mix of treats kids will love, lunchbox favorites, and sweets that should make the brown bag. They’ll definitely make your child the envy of the lunch room and isn’t that what you’ve always wanted?
Grab your Dixon Ticonderogas, people. It’s time for class.
Fun Lunch Box Treats
No-Bake S’mores Bars: kids love s’mores & these melt-free treats will rock their lunch pail.
Nutella Mallow Puppy Chow: an easily portable snack for your kidlet.
Funfetti Cake Batter Pretzel Bites: sweet and easy to eat!
Skinny Funfetti Dip: Fun fact: Kids love dip. This sweet one, served with graham crackers or fruit, will be a sweet treat!
Breakfast for Champions
Cinnamon Roll Cake: this is such a fun twist on cinnamon rolls and cake for breakfast is always awesome.
Sweet Pecan Sticky Buns: caramely, gooey and surprisingly low-cal!
Homemade PopTarts: way better than the prepackaged version. Tweak the flavors to suit your family’s tastes.
Twice-Glazed Funfetti Cake Donuts: who doesn’t love Funfetti? Or donuts? Or twice the glaze?!
Top of the Class Confections
Almond Joy Banana Bread Cookies: these cookies rock!
Inside-Out Oreo Peanut Butter Cups: inside-out and oh-so-delicious.
Monster Cookie Cups: I LOVE these and so will your kiddos. Sweet, salty and colorful. What else do you need??
Circus Animal Cookie Truffles: A cute change from the classic cookies. Who doesn’t love truffles!?
I’m not the only one with notebooks and locker combinations on the mind. Check out these awesome features from other bloggers!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies from Inside BruCrew Life
Hostess Cupcakes from Something Swanky
Easiest Monster Cookies from Pint Sized Baker
Bento Lunch Ideas from I Wash, You Dry
Caramel Apple Pretzels from Crazy For Crust
Fruity Pebble Fudge from Cookies and Cups
Crazy Confetti Compost Cookies from How Sweet It Is
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Cake from Buns in my Oven
Peach Pie Muffins w/ Brown Sugar Glaze from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Kiddie Cocktail Cupcakes from Shugary Sweets
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles from Satisfy My Sweet Tooth
Malibu Rum Fruit Loops Treats from Averie Cooks (uh, those are for you, parents. You’re welcome)
With goodies like those, your kids are practically bound to succeed. Seriously. Awesome.
1. So this week, I had some excitement! I was featured over at CakeSpy and then realized my dreams had come true. Seriously, I have been obsessed with her book since I got it at Christmastime, cooking my way through her psycho-sweet recipes. And now she knows who I am! It’s a true belated-Christmas miracle, people.
2. It’s been hawwwwt here in Sacramento and I am dying, people. Some peeps keep posting pictures on Instagram about finding candy corn or Halloween treats already and I’m SOEXCITED. I dug out my sweaters for the occasion.
3. Speaking of which, I went on a minor shopping binge last week and bought–in the course of 48 hours–2 pairs of boots and 5 pairs of flats, along with a cami, a studded bracelet and an intergalactic skirt. (Can you say ‘retail therapy’?) I am now broke.
4. Yet because of #3, and aforementioned intergalactic skirt squeezing its way into another galaxy when I wear it (called Muffin Topalitus Galaxy–ugh), I am now more motivated than ever to start exercising. Who knew muff tops could be SO EVIL.
5. Lately, I’ve been posting Questions of the Day on my Facebook page and I’m having so much fun! I am a total voyeur so I love hearing about people’s preferences and things and lives. So drop on by and participate–I truly do want to know your favorite pizza toppings.
6. And as far as Back to School goes, are your kids (if you have any) back in school yet? Our schools start up the 20th around here, so one more week of uneducated bliss. As far as I go, I have one more!! class before I graduate and unfortunately, it’s Algebra 2 (gag. me. now). Assuming I can get it (I have to crash the first day, blah), I’ll be in session. Otherwise, I *may* be school-free. It’s a bittersweet feeling.
Alright, people. My air conditioning unit needs some serious company right now and I already have a drink in hand. Have a fun, safe and COLD weekend and I’ll see you tomorrow!