I can’t even believe it’s Friday already. It is just me, or does time seem to fly by when you’re older and crawl desperately slow when you’re young? At this rate I’ll be 90 before I finish this post and it’ll STILL be Friday morning for your youngest child.
This week, I was a busy girl! My usual Sunday baking excursion went from a handful of recipes to over ten being cranked out in one afternoon. Needless to say, I had a lot going on. And I still managed to save the day and look pretty. Here’s what happened:
I funfettified sugar cookies.
I paired together Biscoff + marshmallow + pumpkin and it was AWESOME.
I faced my fears for love and made you carrot cake.
Aaaand I tipped the chips to cookie dough scale ratio a bit.
Overall, I’d say I had a pretty successful week.
These peeps were also cooking hard this week:
Homemade Whatchamacallits from Cups by Kim
Turtle Shortbread Bars from Pint Sized Baker
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache from Averie Cooks
Cake Ball Chocolate Chip Cookies from Crazy For Crust
Bubblegum Floats from That’s What We Said
1. Jessica got me HOOKED on Thought Catalog. I mean, I’m becoming OCD over it. Are these people in my head? Or are we like, long-lost, outrageously anal best friends? Either way, I love it.
2. BTW, have you seen those new Bic For Her pens? I. DIE over these reviews. Laughing for daaaayyyys.
3. Lately I’ve been plagued with migraines. Migraines are awesome in that they allow me to be utterly lazy since even standing up causes me to crash into a wave of nausea. However, they happen to suck for the same reason.
4. Speaking of which, a couple days ago I stayed home from work because of aforementioned migraines. I parked my booty on the couch thrilled for the ABC Family Pretty Little Liars marathon when I realized ABC Family NEVER AIRED EPISODES ONE AND TWO. I meeeeean, WHAT THE FRICK, ABC FAMILY? Here I am, obviously on my death couch and all I want to do is watch my fave suspenseful TV show before my ten pound head rolls off my toothpick neck and I CAN’T. DO. THAT because you didn’t air the first couple episodes. Now in addition to dying I have to actually piece together the mystery?! Ugh, making me work for my suspense. How dare you.
5. So basically, I haven’t watched a single episode of season 3 and it’s killing me. What the frickity frick, people. This is so unfair.
5a. Update: So I totally watched the first two episodes online and then started my marathon. Ohmaigawd. Who the hell is A? And wtf, Mona is SO weird.
6. Oh! So tomorrow, I have a super fun guest-post for you guys. I know you’ll love it and I’m so excited for you to meet my guest blogger!!
7. I bought this dress last week because apparently, in my mind, I’m being invited to some ritzy art-deco party sometime soon. And also don’t have a weird muffin top. 😐
8. Based on #7, if you could see my closet, it would be 90% costumes, 10% actual clothes. Sigh.
This weekend I fully intend on relaxing! Baking, of course, but mostly relaxing. I’m sick of migraines and want to hang out and not worry about dog hair, dirty dishes or running errands. Sound good? Yes. What are your weekend plans??
Whatever you do, hope you have a good one! Can you believe we’re already in September? I’m going to start singing Jingle Bells now. Yippee!