Can you believe it’s already Friday?
Having the Fourth of July on a Wednesday totally threw me off. Thursday morning rolled around and I was stoked to have another day off when I rudely realized it was only Thursday and my weekend doesn’t begin until Saturday after four.
Also, this week I’ve been battling a pesky cold which has been lingering a bit too long for my taste. Runny nose, congestion, and crazy-annoying sensitivities to light which trigger gnarly headaches…. the perfect breeding ground for staying home sick from work today and watching Pretty Little Liars on Netflix!
Just me, on the couch, with a bowl of granola (more on that later), and some seriously crazy rich-girl drama. Hello, Friday, I love you.
When I wasn’t battling it out with germs this week, I made you some yummies. Want to reminisce together?
I made you breakfast.
And more breakfast that are not to be confused with blueberry muffins.
OMG, I made these. These rocked and somehow lasted all the way up until Thursday night, when I had the last few right after lunch. Don’t tell me you don’t eat dessert after lunch, too.
I popped some of this goodie.
And I redeemed awkward situations with THIS.
1. So speaking of granola, I’m obsessing over it. A few days ago, I went to Trader Joe’s which is the grocery store equivalent of Disneyland, and I knew I’d be getting a handful of stuff I didn’t need. Somehow, nestled between cherry tomatoes (best.snack.ever), asparagus spears (I’m craving them broiled with fresh garlic) and teriyaki chicken, there was a box of low-fat vanilla almond granola and I can’t.stop.eating.it! It’s so good. I’ve just been eating bowl after bowl. Whyyyyyyyyy didn’t I eat this sooner?!
2. Do any of you watch Masterchef? If so, doesn’t Tali creep you out? I seriously want to punch him in the face. I’m rooting for Christine, the blind girl. If a blind girl can cook fresh, live crab better than anyone else there can, I’d say those contestants have better luck giving up on their culinary dreams and joining the carnival or something.
3. Also: Real Housewives of Orange County reunion part one is Tuesday! I’m stooooooked. Mostly because I can’t wait to see more Vicki dramarama, that unsuspecting bird flying in on the promos, and drinking margs, midori and mojitos with Dorothy. It’s really the only tolerable way to watch RHOC.
4. I’m excited to announce that tomorrow I’ll be hosting a giveaway–yay! It’s much-needed methinks. Stay tuned for tomorrow!
5. So I’m having a major problem, y’all. I am positively burnt out for recipes for dinner and desserts. Usually, I have to force myself to narrow my baking choices down to only about 5 a week… and this week, I stared at my Pinterest boards thinking “WTF.” In other news, I need a vacation. You know, to recharge and all that jazz. Somewhere beachy, please, with beachy drinks that have umbrellas in them. And magic beaches that make me look good in a swimsuit.
And now, for Breaking News in BlogLand…
Bubblegum Cookie Truffles from Back For Seconds
Mini (No Yeast) Cake Batter Cinnamon Buns from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Monster Cookie Blonde Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
Mint & Basil Lemonade from Crumbs and Chaos
Cherry Mojitos from Shugary Sweets (for viewing RHOC!!)
Cookie Dough Fondue from Crazy For Crust
Pina Colada Poke Cake from Kalamity Kelli
BoBerry Biscuits from Something Swanky
Pina Colada Pie in a Jar from Plaid and Paisley Kitchen
Blackberry Coffee Cake from Kitchen Meets Girl
Homemade Peanut Butter from Averie Cooks
Yum… you girls know how to keep me on my toes and inspired in the kitchen!
Okay, guys, I’m tired and I need to watch more privileged liars complain about stuff and be tormented by cell phones.
Have a Happy Friday!!