Good grief. Another week has flown by and now we are in the middle of February, approaching March. Soon, we’ll be listening to “Jingle Bell Rock” again, frantically beating crowds on Black Friday for Christmas presents.
And yes, I cannot wait. Thanks for asking.
But in the meantime, let’s do a blast-from-the-past-flashback and recap what I made this week in case you were also dancing around your house to Christmas music in the middle of February because uh, you may not have been the only one…
Thanks to the totally awesome people at Lucero Olive Oil, I had some leftover chocolate EVOO and whipped up some too-easy Triple Fudge Olive Oil Brownies. Needless to say, my weekend was spent stuffing my face with rich, chocolate-fudgy goodness.
I told you about how cupcakes can be my best friend and mortal enemy. Then I made some cupcakes to prove a point.
Speaking of proving things, I kinda proved to you on Tuesday that I have weird dreams of zombies and crocodiles. But I made popcorn to make it up to you after you inevitably realized you’re friends with a crazy girl.
Oh! Oh! Oh! And I made these super cute Leprechaun Hat Cupcakes! Don’t you love them?! Makes me proud to be only slightly Irish*
*I am also French.
And along with having crazy dreams about zombies, pretending I’m someone else and having a love/hate relationship with buttercream, I also told you about how I can’t be taken to buffets and basically proved to you I’m a three-year old in an adult’s body. You’re welcome.
Some Things Before We Go…
1. Has anyone been watching the Real Housewives of Orange County? Initially my fave, RHOBH is now my fave but OC is second-best. Love me some California girls. And uh, Gretchen without makeup? Kind of shocking. Tamra’s… Tamraness? Not so shocking. PS I hate Alexis.
2. Also, has anyone watched the final episode of RHOBH Reunion pt. 3? God, Kim has done a number on those poor neutrons in that wacky noggin of hers. If watching Season 2 wasn’t the Anti-Drug I don’t know what is.
3. Right now, I am totally confused because it’s sunny here in Sacramento, yet very cold. Of course, this complicates matters when it comes to dressing myself since apparently, I’m five years old. But when I’m not debating, I’m having a serious black moment. It’s as if I rediscovered my angsty, adolescent pseudo-gothic side or something.
4. You know that whole Girl Scout Cookie thing? Yeaaah… I may or may not have like, a million Samoa treats lined up for the next couple weeks. And if you hate Samoas, well, I’m convinced you may be soulless.
5. Has anyone tried the new Birthday Cake Oreos? I bought myself a bag (yes, just A bag which was probably my second mistake–1) for buying THE bag and 2) for buying ONE bag) yet haven’t opened it (third mistake) but will be possibly featuring a recipe including this mysterious cake-battery-cookie in the near future. So stay tuned!
Have a wonderful weekend! TGIF, am I right or am I right?